Regular Boarder

Killax

En ligne Non
Niveau 23
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 14
Localisation The Nethe...

Il y a 4 ans
For me it's the same adventure as TTGL and I love it!

Raithos
Stagnant
Regular Boarder

Raithos

En ligne Non
Niveau 42
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 161
Localisation Toronto, ...

Il y a 4 ans
The MUSIC, Ragyo's theme "Blumenkranz" is amazing. Also we have this kick ass figure of Ryuko on the way. Hoping Satsuki will be as good!
The animation is crisp, and the story is getting pretty good. I like this series quite a bit. Wasn't too invested in the beginning, but after giving it a bit of a chance, by Episode 3 I was properly intrigued and by 6 I was hooked. It's great!
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #1909855

Enkidulga
Regular Boarder

Enkidulga

En ligne Non
Niveau 13
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 17

Il y a 4 ans
Matoi's outfit (and the TTGL feel).

Mystrish
Regular Boarder

Mystrish

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 3
Localisation Toulouse,...

Il y a 3 ans
I loved everything in this anime... no kidding. I didn't wanted to watch it and finally on an evening I got bored so I started to watch the serie and... I couldn't stop until there was no episode left. I love the music, the charadesign, the story... thanks to kill la kill I watched TTGL too... AAGGHH everything is awesome in these animes.

(sorry fdor my bad english I don't know ifd everything is right but... it's the idea of what I meant.)

Joichi
Regular Boarder

Joichi

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 1835
Localisation Canada, T...

Il y a 3 ans
Just all-round AMAZING! I was really surprised how much they made me love the most 'normal' yet energetic Mako!

Most other series that has this 'side-school friend' usually are hardly ever involved pass episode 3, or on the sidelines. But KLK really took that archetype and made her amazing and unique! I love Ryuko but I really like Mako's uplifting spirit.
My sites: sweetandcharmingart.etsy.com | joichii.tumblr.com

Raithos
Stagnant
Regular Boarder

Raithos

En ligne Non
Niveau 42
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 161
Localisation Toronto, ...

Il y a 3 ans
Now that Kill la Kill is over, I was just thinking about re-watching the series and making connections to what we've seen that I could pick out near the beginning. Then, make broader connections to the overall arcs from start to finish (although I guess what happened to Rei will be shown in the OVA? I think it'll be something ridiculous like... she's a real fragment of the Original Life Fiber in embodiment of a weak human and was also some sort of creation by Ragyo for backup from Nui in terms of needing a sacrifice for Shinra Koketsu). And THEN there's the excellent animation/visuals, AND music to make connections with as well. (You have to listen to the OST at least once, it's very good. I'm sure this is a basic thing many of us do here anyway). Sure, it doesn't have the STRONGEST plot in the world, but it's still a real treat to watch from start to finish. Take in the entire series and think about it. No, it's not Gurren Lagann by a long shot but hey... it's still QUITE entertaining, lol.

As we look into the sort of character Satsuki is, we see that she's The Most Powerful Stepping Stone. (The final boss of the first and partially second arcs as a sort of anti heroic double antagonist into the transformation of a side protagonist along with the Elite four, so to speak). This beckons the question does it make you stop liking her as a character, or does it make you like her even more? She essentially became The Most Powerful Stepping Stone (especially because of one her her MAJOR connections to Ryuuko (in more than ONE sense >.>) That's what I have to ask myself as you think about her seemingly high power level she displayed in the beginning versus her "deceptive" strength near the end of the series with her loss of power. (Watch this, this and this AND this to see what I mean. Lol, on a side note, did anyone enjoy this scene as much as I did? And then there's this and this to show a basic snippet contrasting examples of the difference in power levels in the series backed with the fine animation quality. Also you have to love Nonon, she's one of the best characters in the series. Just watch her from start to finish. You even get childhood origins, lol!

So yeah what was Satsuki to you in the end? Do you still admire and love the sort of "badass boss" she was, who was actually a stepping stone for her little sister, teaching her how to perform the basic techniques of a Kamui in gradual steps through "rigorous trails" as she explains here and here? Or did you hate how she had an "Aizen Streak" so to speak, of having a plan for every situation? I'd attribute that to the fact that she was just a boss in everything she did which was one of her major character tropes. Problem is, she stayed stuck in that trope until she was blinded by it, truly believing herself to be something of a higher design, while ultimately having no power. The very essence of the dual decoy-mode she displayed later on in the series. I think for me personally she did redeem herself a bit in 22, which was what I believe to be the last "really dramatic" episode before the final battle mini-arc. Thus fulfilling her stepping stone role and providing a basic model for her Little Sister, even going so far as to apologize, admit she was wrong and express her desire to join forces and defeat Ragyo (beckons a quick look at opening 2 nonetheless).

Kanaede
Regular Boarder

Kanaede

En ligne Non
Niveau 11
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 1
Localisation Germany

Il y a 3 ans
I loved everything. But Senketsu was my favourite.

nakedsnake
Regular Boarder

nakedsnake

En ligne Non
Niveau 6
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 1
Localisation Australia

Il y a 3 ans
As with most people, I found the overall feel of Kill la Kill to be on par with TTGL, and that what's made it for me.
That badass slapstick, over the top, defy all odds, "We can do anything if we yell loud enough" theme is why i fell in love with TTGL and is the primary reason I gave KLK a shot.
Boy am I glad I did
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2338573

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.