Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825
Localisation Bay Area,...

Il y a 3 ans
Waves 2 and 3 of Right Stuf's Black Friday sales are up, so now's a good time to browse and/or order - [ext link ]

All three sale waves end on December 1st. There's some great deals, but personally not a whole lot for me this time around. Maybe in the upcoming holiday sales...
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2478884

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 497
Localisation Miami, Fl...

Il y a 3 ans
R_Kasahara (Il y a 3 ans)Waves 2 and 3 of Right Stuf's Black Friday sales are up, so now's a good time to browse and/or order - [ext link ]
All three sale waves end on December 1st. There's some great deals, but personally not a whole lot for me this time around. Maybe in the upcoming holiday sales...

The only things I see there that im going to pick up are

1) Familiar of Zero Season 1 Blu-Ray ($23.99)
2) Garden of Words Blu-Ray $12.24
3) Mayo Chiki! Blu-Ray $27.99

Already have (no need to buy agian)

- Highschool DxD
- Highschool of the Dead
- Ip Man 1 & 2
- Sailor Moon Blu-Ray Set 1 Limited Edition (no fair people who waited get a coin and I didnt get one by pre-ordering) :(

K-On! would have been a good pickup if there was a Season 1 on blu-ray but for some reason in North America they never released Season 1 in a "Complete Collection" set on blu-ray (only on dvd). The last time they had Season 1 on blu-ray was back when Bandai still held the license in North America.

Magi would have been another good pickup but they only put the DVD collection on sale, not the blu-ray collection and I prefer blu-ray over DVD.
http://i54.tinypic.com/ehf5gh.gif
♥ Holo ♥

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 3 ans
Reinier (Il y a 3 ans) #2478979- Sailor Moon Blu-Ray Set 1 Limited Edition (no fair people who waited get a coin and I didnt get one by pre-ordering) :(
Yeah, I thought that was rather odd of them :/ Also would've snapped up the Utena Mega Deal if I didn't have all of those box sets already; that's a great price for them, and they're gorgeous, high-quality sets.

I'm much more of a manga person than an anime one, so all I got out of the sales was:
- the Jyu-Oh-Sei graphic novel bundle (A cheap, complete set of a classic, well-regarded shoujo sci-fi I'd never heard of? Couldn't pass that up!)
- the Revolutionary Girl Utena CD Angel Creation

Added some other stuff I'd been meaning to buy while I was at it for the free shipping.

Out of the sale anime, I mainly considered Listen To Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! and Those Who Hunt Elves, but I still have a pile of other stuff I haven't even watched yet. Had been hoping the latest Nadia rerelease would go to 50% off so that I could get rid of my space-hogging individual DVDs, but not this time, I guess.
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2479686

agcpictures
Regular Boarder

agcpictures

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 184
Localisation United St...

Il y a 3 ans
R_Kasahara (Il y a 3 ans) #2478884Waves 2 and 3 of Right Stuf's Black Friday sales are up, so now's a good time to browse and/or order - [ext link ]

Bloody hell, bought two of those Gurren Lagann box sets (one for me and one as a gift) during last year sale's sale for 20 bucks more (each)... and mine's still shrink-wrapped. -_-;
Treasures untold in my Sales List 1 and Sales List 2!
http://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-11-rgb_resize_40pct.jpghttp://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-08-rgb_resize_40pct.jpg
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2479844

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 497

Il y a 3 ans
agcpictures (Il y a 3 ans) #2479844
Bloody hell, bought two of those Gurren Lagann box sets (one for me and one as a gift) during last year sale's sale for 20 bucks more (each)... and mine's still shrink-wrapped. -_-;

I was surprised that they even bargain binned shows like Watamote, Attack on Titan, Date A Live, and Familiar of Zero which are all shows that were released this year, people who pre-ordered at a $44.95 price point kind of got screwed over since now their selling them at least 50% off from that price. All of those shows came out in the second half of 2014 too, except for Attack on Titan since they only put Part 1 on sale so far but that came out like a year ago.

It kind of makes me sad, whats the point of pre-ordering stuff if its only going to penalize you because if you wait until the end of the year you can get all the same stuff 50% off or more? The only items that I think are worth pre-ordering anymore are the Funimation "Limited Edition" sets because they come with a hard cardboard art box vs the flimsy chipbox cover normal releases come with.
♥ Holo ♥
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2480370

Azyx
Regular Boarder

Azyx

En ligne Non
Niveau 17
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 218
Localisation Canada

Il y a 3 ans
CD Japan [ext link ] is holding their holiday sales, mostly higher point reward with a few thing "discounted".

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 3 ans
Reinier (Il y a 3 ans) #2480370It kind of makes me sad, whats the point of pre-ordering stuff if its only going to penalize you because if you wait until the end of the year you can get all the same stuff 50% off or more? The only items that I think are worth pre-ordering anymore are the Funimation "Limited Edition" sets because they come with a hard cardboard art box vs the flimsy chipbox cover normal releases come with.
The general rule I use with anime and games is that if it's something I want to enjoy right away and/or support, or if it's a limited edition, preorder, but if it's not a huge priority, wait for a good sale. I don't feel bad paying full price (or a price with a modest preorder discount) for something I've been really looking forward to.

I don't apply this to manga since they aren't as subject to Black Friday/holiday sales, plus Right Stuf's studio sales (paired with Got Anime) are a nice enough discount for preordered manga when I can catch them. Well, there's also the whole "enjoy right away" thing as mentioned above :P

Oh, and to keep this on topic, Steam's Black Friday sales have started - [ext link ] As usual, there's a good amount of English-translated doujin soft and more mainstream Japanese games on sale.
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2480617

victorviper
Regular Boarder

victorviper

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 125
Localisation USA

Il y a 3 ans
Amazon (US) is doing a promotion now through 11/30 where you can get an additional 30% off any single book, by using the coupon code HOLIDAY30 at checkout. I snapped up an Udon artbook I'd been wanting at a really good price that way.

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 497

Il y a 3 ans
victorviper (Il y a 3 ans) #2481878Amazon (US) is doing a promotion now through 11/30 where you can get an additional 30% off any single book, by using the coupon code HOLIDAY30 at checkout. I snapped up an Udon artbook I'd been wanting at a really good price that way.

Thanks! I just grabbed Tony's Artworks from Shining World for $20.36 after tax.
♥ Holo ♥

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 3 ans
Right Stuf's holiday sale has started, and all of their Black Friday waves have been extended. New deals will be posted every day for 12+ days, so it might be best to wait until all the waves are up, but note that some items have limited quantities - [ext link ]

Should've mentioned this earlier, but they've also been running some weekly Viz manga deals, which have mainly been box sets at 50% off. New such deals go up every Thursday - [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2489538

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 497

Il y a 3 ans
Funimation is having a Cyber Monday sale, up to 75% off most of their anime titles: [ext link ]

I'm sorry for not posting it earlier, I was busy in the morning and I figured someone else might post it since their a popular studio.
♥ Holo ♥
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2490470

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 2 ans
Steam's having a big sale on doujinsoft/Japanese indie games in celebration of Comiket 88 - [ext link ]

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 2 ans
It's that time again: Right Stuf's holiday sales have started - [ext link ]

Note that some of the offers are only up for a limited time. Right now, the limited offers are for Slam Dunk and Dr. Slump manga at ~50% off.

Don't think I've watched much, if any, of the anime I bought on sale last year, but I will be keeping an eye out for good manga bundles.
MàJ Il y a 2 ans #4650039

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 2 ans
There's a TON of books in the current HLJ sale-- artbooks, game guides, manga, magazines, light novels, you name it - [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 2 ans #5357331

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 1 an
Right Stuf's annual year end clearance sale has started. Use the code NEWYEAR2016 to get 10% off in-stock items. The sale ends on January 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM CST.

I spent a lot during their holiday sale, but I'm tempted to get some more manga through this one, too...
MàJ Il y a 1 an #5682539

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 1 an
Real quick, here's a few new sales and other deals!

- Square Enix's North American Online Store is having a big spring sale from today until May 8th. In addition to lots of games and game music CDs, there's some figures and collectibles - [ext link ] (via [ext link ])

- CDJapan is offering 10% extra points until May 5th - [ext link ] As usual, all of CDJ's current sales and promotions are listed here - [ext link ]

- Right Stuf is offering an extra 5% discount on clearance items for a limited time. Coupon code: Garage16 - [ext link ]

- Back to gaming: Steam is having an "Anime Sale" this weekend, with lots of Japanese and anime-style Western games - [ext link ] (via [ext link ])

- Not a sale, and this probably should've been mentioned back when it happened, but Amazon.co.jp will now ship some video games overseas.
MàJ Il y a 1 an #9315616

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 497

Il y a 1 an
Funimation has an exlusive pre-order bonus for Highschool DxD Born (Season 3): [ext link ]

The first 500 pre-orders get a Funimation.com exclusive pillow case and Tissue pack
♥ Holo ♥

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 1 an
Right Stuf's holiday sale has started! More will be added each day, and there are special daily deals. Here's everything on sale - [ext link ]

As part of the festivities, they are doing weekly Viz deals, which change on Mondays (though the link's not currently working working now! - [ext link ]) and have a special "Naughty List" section for adult products (hentai and BL/yaoi... but mostly hentai at the moment - [ext link ]).
MàJ Il y a 1 an #16265041

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 1 an
2016 Winter Holiday Season Sales at CDJapan - [ext link ]

They are also offering up to 10,000 extra points with each order until Dec. 15th. The lowest tier is 300 extra points with a 3000 yen purchase (not including shipping) - [ext link ]

ETA: A couple more!

If you haven't noticed, the Steam Autumn Sale started yesterday. As usual with their big sales, there's many Japanese titles included amongst the discounted games - [ext link ]

Also, Amazon.com has a coupon offer: take $10 off any books purchase of $25 or more. This coupon can only be used once - [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 1 an #16334382

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

En ligne Oui
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1825

Il y a 6 mois
Sentai Filmworks is having a "School's Out Sale": up to 70% off 400+ DVD and Blu-ray sets (including a handful of Premium Box Sets) and free shipping over $50 (US only, I assume). The last day of the sale is June 18 - [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 6 mois #22231078

« Préc.   1 2 3 4   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.