MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

Coffee

Very Important Boarder

Coffee

En ligne Non
Niveau 31
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 168
Localisation Svea Rike

Il y a 4 mois
Since kuma deleted the blog and in order to keep as much of the feedback as possible in one place, let's do a feedback thread.
If the mods deem this unnecessary, feel free to delete it.
Both positive and negative feedback is welcome.
Try to keep it civilized.

And to kumasanmk please read these feedbacks and take some of it to heart.
This is your community, the one's using the site the most.
Shouldn't it be in your interest to make sure your existing users are at least somewhat happy?
https://image.ibb.co/ivvYpa/nyhfk5X.png
Art by ヒガシ
MàJ Il y a 4 mois #24814494

Coffee

Very Important Boarder

Coffee

En ligne Non
Niveau 31
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 168
Localisation Svea Rike

Il y a 4 mois
Here's some things I've noticed:
-Pictures take a much longer time to load
-Some features are harder to find right now as they're hidden behind other features
-The draft text on thumbnails take up way too much space
-Last time I saw it, the bought icon was a dollar sign. I'm sorry but of all specific things, why a dollar sign?
-It's still not possible to see who wrote a blog before entering the blog
-Blog names are cut off even when entering the blog itself
-Featured sales is right in your face. I'm sorry, but I'm not on MFC to buy things from users here.
-There's a lot of wasted space on all of the updated pages. The actual blog on a blog page doesn't even take up half the screen.
-The banners are still useless with the v.4.0 homepage
-Nitpicky, but I don't see why favorite needed to be changed to "Like". I can only "like" a certain amount of figure in my collection even though I like most of my figures. Favorite is a better word, sorry.
-Everything on the frontpage is so tiny.
-Pictures wont load on my phone in v.4.0 areas
-Once again, pictures load slow as feck even though there's no reason for them to be that heavy on the computer.
Art by ヒガシ

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 4 mois
I'm not completely against the mods trying to update the site since I appreciate the effort in keeping the site fresh (though why fix something that isn't broken? I don't think anyone ever had any complaints about the old layout) but a lot of the new changes are just plain downgrades or unnecessary in my eyes.

Here's a few of my issues:
-On mobile, I can't even comment on blog entries and it makes the mobile version basically impossible to use on v4 pages.
-Did top comments disappear? That was a really good feature IMHO to highlight a few comments that were heavily agreed with. If not, I haven't seen one in a while so I guess it must just be that the new upvoting system isn't very appealing to use and is kind of hidden/blends in with the comment itself.
-Speaking of the 'upvoting' system, I really dislike the new 'helpful' or 'not helpful' version of this. I barely bother using it now and I dislike how non-versatile it is, since the upvote feature could previously be used to say things like 'I agree with this' or 'this is a nice post' inexplicitly instead of just stating helpful or unhelpful. I also dislike the new option to vote down comments for everyone because I feel like this can only encourage negativity on the site.
-Why are there ranks next to everyone's name now? I know they've always been on our profiles but I never understood the reason behind them and I feel like placing them next to comments just serves no purpose except to possibly imply that 'higher level' users comments are more valid. I preferred when we were all on even ground.
-I also feel that changing 'favourite' to 'like' has completely different implications. I like a lot of things but I only used to favourite my absolute favourite blog posts or photos on the site beforehand. Not pressing favourite =/= don't like, the wording is confusing.
-Can't use the arrow keys to flick between images in the same gallery anymore and clicking on the image itself doesn't full size it anymore, makes it really hard to casually navigate.
-Please allow for keywords to be searched within our own collection when linking an item again. It makes it unnecessarily difficult to find the right item when the only option is to look through my entire collection or to search the entire database with a keyword that could bring up pages of items.
-Embedded videos are absolutely tiny now, they're practically impossible to watch without opening a new window which defeats the purpose of embedded videos.
-Since blog titles are cut off even when you click on the entire article, I have no idea what some blogs are about anymore.

I'll probably add more as I think of them but these are my current main issues.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24815689

nyugvo6
Regular Boarder

nyugvo6

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 6
Localisation the worst...

Il y a 4 mois
you clearly mean he deleted it because he doesn't care about the massive backlash.
the picture section looks like a disaster.
not only does the standard banner follow me, but there's a new upload/manage header obscuring my view.
half of the thumbnails are blurry.
if I click on a pic I have to click again, on a miniature link just to see the original size.
this is unacceptable garbage, not web design.
make.v4.optional.
I'll be archiving my post in case he decides to delete it again.

Migon
Saber Freak
Regular Boarder

Migon

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 95

Il y a 3 mois
- Elements do not align very well in v4 so it looks cluttered.
- The new Pictures v4 looks like a mess thanks to it how the pictures are shown.
- Replacing "Favorite" with "Like" just sounds weird as I have my favorite figures and I like almost all my figures.
- The cut off blog names is super annoying and the fact we cannot see who wrote the blog without entering it.
- Everything is way to slim and small compared to v3, don't adapt things solely for tablets, make it for computer screens. Computer screens are getting higher and higher resolutions now and having everything so small is bad as one must zoom the page.

Original v4
http://i.imgur.com/v9ROTpj.png

Changed v4 which looks so much better in my opinion.
http://i.imgur.com/d1cCWh5.png

The modified v4 makes it less squished and easier to use in my opinion.
While it doesn't fix the banners it's a decent look.

Edit.
- Encyclopedia, why cannot we see who made and did the latest change for entries?
- No longer being able to easily see what items are linked to encyclopedia entries.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24851666

Pahsmina
Regular Boarder

Pahsmina

En ligne Non
Niveau 29
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 244
Localisation Sweden

Il y a 3 mois
[ext link ] This right here is veeery annoying while browsing the site on your phone. I don't need to have the title of the picture covering up so much of the picture itself.

Also please bring back an easy way to switch between PC and mobile, since I prefer to use the PC vers even when using my phone.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/Pahsmina/3509732_zps0b9a192a.jpg
♥ Art by Tatsumairi
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24852519

victorviper
Regular Boarder

victorviper

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 125
Localisation USA

Il y a 3 mois
I was uploading some photos last night and I ran across a couple of new things I liked and a couple of things I didn't like so much.

I like the fact that it's now possible to upload more than 5 photos at a time by default.

However, it seems like it is overly complicated to link items when uploading photos. You can now search for items to link by keyword OR you can search items in your collection, and while you used to be able to do both (search items in one's collection), it appears that functionality is now missing*. Fortunately I wasn't uploading any Saber pictures, or else I'd probably still be scrolling through pages looking for the right item :).

The checkboxes for NSFW and spoilers seems a little clunkier than the old dropbox, but I can live with that, I guess.

Also, a while back there was a discussion on MFC about adding an additional category of tags (like an 18+ tag) to distinguish truly 18+ material from plain old "hide this if you're browsing the site in public" NSFW material. With the redesign, maybe this would be the time to add such a thing?

*-EDIT: So, to search items from your collection by keyword, it's possible to do so; you have to select the "my collection" dropdown, then the appropriate selection (owned/ordered/etc.), then re-select "keywords" and then finally type the keywords wanted. The old system was so much easier...
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24853106

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 1419

Il y a 3 mois
victorviper (Il y a 3 mois) #24853106Also, a while back there was a discussion on MFC about adding an additional category of tags (like an 18+ tag) to distinguish truly 18+ material from plain old "hide this if you're browsing the site in public" NSFW material. With the redesign, maybe this would be the time to add such a thing?
I'd like this, along with separate options to not show either category separately. I'm not into the real 18+ stuff, yet turning on SFW blocks so many things I don't find it very useful.

Otherwise, I agree with many of the comments here. At best, the changes seem to me like change for the sake of change. Nothing really seems improved, many things are worse, and those that aren't are just different, not better. In addition, and I don't know how much of this is because changes are still in process, but there are so many inconsistencies now.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
Coffee (Il y a 4 mois) #24814647Here's some things I've noticed:
-Featured sales is right in your face. I'm sorry, but I'm not on MFC to buy things from users here.

I'm not against the idea of having features sales on the front page, but its current implementation is not very useful or attractive to me, as a buyer. Often the featured sales will be for countries where shipping would likely be prohibitively expensive. Also no guarantee if the user actually ships to my country - listings don't allow you to specify if you're doing domestic only or international.

It would make sense to have the paid section, followed by "tailored" results. For tailored results, it would make sense to filter by the user's currency, and if they're logged out, filter by the country of their IP (falling back to US results for 'odd' IPs).

That way, I'd probably actually peruse the sales listings on the front page. As it stands, there's no reason for me to bother reading it.

Eccmy
Very Important Boarder

Eccmy

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 157

Il y a 3 mois
It's now impossible to link blog posts and pictures to clubs since the V4 layout has been put on them, even as a club admin and as a VIB.

I hope this will be fixed before the v4 layout is applied to figure/goods/media entries as well, otherwise managing clubs pretty much won't be feasible...
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24872323

TomTheCat
Regular Boarder

TomTheCat

En ligne Non
Niveau 23
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 35

Il y a 3 mois
Why do pictures' file names need to be displayed so prominently? Imho it's the most un-interesting thing to know that a photo's file name is "HTB14bkMPXXXXXa_XVXXq6xXF..." Instead, the size is now lost. Before, I could see at first glance if a picture was 400x300 (pass) or 1980x1220 (yeah, detail!).

On the picture's page, why can't we simply click the picture itself for the full-size view? That's a step back if there ever was one.

I had blacklisted a user or two. That's now lost, too. Will my blacklist settings be restored after this upgrade is pressed through? I assume it's no use if I reset it now. It would be nice to receive a notification of all settings that need to be restored by each user themselves after the upgrade. (Or a notification right now to review and save one's settings (subscriptions etc.) in a safe place before they're lost.)

It's been mentioned by someone else somewhere else, my NSFW setting resets itself to SFW each time I open MFC again.

I'm afraid I'm no friend of v.4.0

moonangelica
Regular Boarder

moonangelica

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 67

Il y a 3 mois
You used to be able to enter the pictures for an item and then click though to the next and previous picture in that items gallery which was super useful when looking at an item on a tablet. Now it just goes to the next picture uploaded which could be anything. You need to go back to the item page, find where you were up to, and then click the new picture. This is very irritating when browsing on a tablet, on the computer it's a bit easier since you can just open them all in tabs but on a tablet it's just frustrating.

SkyBlue
Regular Boarder

SkyBlue

En ligne Non
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 92

Il y a 3 mois
Well, it seems like there are some changes made based on the feedback so I guess there's hope? (I'm referring to the previously Useful and Not Useful bunch of words crowding the comment box is now changed to the up/down icon similar to lift buttons. Small changes but still)

- Blog title gets cut off A LOT where 90% of the time I can't tell what exactly the title is.
- Please place the Edit button on top and not at the very bottom of an article. It's very troublesome to scroll all the way down each and every time I need to edit an article.
- Related Items of a blog used to be displayed in a single page which is really convenient. V4 now forces the user to go through multiple pages despite clicking "View All".
- Please make the header smaller and static. This current one that scrolls and zooms in with you is really disrupting readability.
- Linking blogs written by others to clubs are now impossible even when I'm the club creator/MOD/Admin.
- Please improve blog comments accessibility. There is no need to scroll through the whole thing over and over just to read the comments.
- Dialogue-like comments are too narrow to read with a lot of wasted space on both sides (especially on mobile).
- The down-vote really needs to be removed before the figure pages get updated to v4 imho to prevent abuse/trouble...

EDIT:
- The Japanese name of the Encyclopedia entries are literally invisible being light grey over a white background. Please change it to black.
- Related Items of Encyclopedia entries should be displayed more prominently with the options to select between 'Figures', 'Goods' and 'Media'.
- Please revert back to 'Favourite' instead of 'Like' for pictures and figures. I may like a photo or figure but they are not necessarily my favourite (preferred above all else) hence I think 'Favourite' is better suited in this context as opposed to 'Like'.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #24908455

Gibari
Regular Boarder

Gibari

En ligne Non
Niveau 12
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 4

Il y a 3 mois
I don't like how they changed the banner, so it follows you as you scroll down the page.
There's also a useless header for the file name.
Adding all this bloat is just obscuring the pictures I want to view.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
Gibari (Il y a 3 mois) #24914516I don't like how they changed the banner, so it follows you as you scroll down the page.

Also not a fan of this. Especially if you're a page that has a title too - you end up with a good chunk of the screen consumed by uninteresting info. There's not too many pages that are so long that scrolling to the nav is that much of a pain imo.

If it was an app, I'd deffo suggest handling it like the eBay app does - not sure if that's feasible on a site, and it may feel weird in some browsers, as they do this with the address bar (disappears on scroll down, appears when you start scrolling up).

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
For the "ads" page, I'd like to make two suggestions:

1. Have the selectable filters in a cachable form. When you have slow internet, and select currency, you're sat there with the wrong textbox, waiting for it to change. If you want to download the contents, please may there be an animator instead of showing the previous control. I'm not always sure if it's the right control yet, and that's annoying.

2. Allow saving of a default filter. I'd love to set the page default to sales in GBP only. If I have money spare for the month, I'll usually comb the GBP sales daily, and then maybe EUR sales once a week or smth.

Free_Phi
Meta-Sentient Cyber-Imp
Regular Boarder

Free_Phi

En ligne Non
Niveau 7
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 mois
Message(s) 2
Localisation The City ...

Il y a 3 mois
Gibari (Il y a 3 mois) #24914516I don't like how they changed the banner, so it follows you as you scroll down the page.
There's also a useless header for the file name.
Adding all this bloat is just obscuring the pictures I want to view.

Speaking of banners, has anyone figured out how to de-select "set as my banner" now?
I set a banner on the old version, and can't figure out how to go back to random/cycling banners...
TIA

Giolon
Regular Boarder

Giolon

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 177
Localisation United St...

Il y a 3 mois
Please bring back the ability to view the large size of an image by clicking directly on it. Yes, I know that there is a link above the photo, but the link is very small and unintuitively placed. I think it'd even be cool if the image could be in one of those floating lightboxes in front of the rest of the page.

Coffee

Very Important Boarder

Coffee

En ligne Non
Niveau 31
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 168
Localisation Svea Rike

Il y a 3 mois
So, are we not going to have the info text visible on encyclopedia entries anymore?
Some of the stats are missing as well, such as who created the page and when it was last edited.

Edit: Apparently this is an adblocker issue I've been encountering several times with the new layout update.
Adblockers seem to think some of the features are ads, such as the comment section on blogs.
Art by ヒガシ
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25077227

TomTheCat
Regular Boarder

TomTheCat

En ligne Non
Niveau 23
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 35

Il y a 3 mois
I really have to restrain myself from using foul language, but will anybody please tell me how often I have to reset my NSFW setting?

I'm thankful it's not each time I'm entering a new page at least, but each time I open MFC is often enough IMHO.
I'm not a programmer but something like that should be easy...

All the functionality that amazed me, and for which I loved MFC, is being sacrificed for a "new look". I'm sorry I have to say I haven't found anything yet that made me say "wow that's great".

Furthermore, I need the option to use PC view on mobile. (If it's available already please clue me up.)

« Préc.   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.