MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 1 mois
Has there been some recent changes to how photos are put into blogs? I just visited my old blog entry (mfc link) to look at it again and all of the images I had in [img] tags are just showing up as links. I went to edit it and sure enough everything was fine with the img tags.

What's up with that? Imgur doesn't work on MFC, Photobucket is basically pay only now, is there some other option to use? I prefer not to litter up my main MFC gallery with images I want to use in journals... but is that the only way now?

Literally all of my blogs are broken now due to the Imgur issue, then Photobucket issue, now this. I don't really know what I should do to make sure my blogs don't stop breaking besides upload directly on MFC. If I do upload them to MFC can I hide them from my profile and just put them in the article?
MàJ Il y a 1 mois #28067187

ugendo
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Regular Boarder

ugendo

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 290
Localisation MI, USA

Il y a 1 mois
Just use tinypic. I don't think you have to use pics from your gallery, it's just one of two options.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 1 mois
ugendo (Il y a 1 mois) #28068534Just use tinypic. I don't think you have to use pics from your gallery, it's just one of two options.

Is it something on MFC's part or something on the image host's part though? I don't really even want to trust Tinypic at this point anymore cause every source I use eventually breaks my articles. :( I wish I could at least upload them on MFC but have them be separated from my main gallery.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Oui
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 1 mois
The site you're using, the security certificate expired yesterday, so whoever's responsible for that should be taken out back and flogged.
I should imagine they'll fix that sooner rather than later, and the images should work again.

For MFC, I've used imgbb, as it allows account creation. Haven't used it longterm, but seems to get the job done.

ugendo
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Regular Boarder

ugendo

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 290
Localisation MI, USA

Il y a 1 mois
solluxcaptor (Il y a 1 mois) #28072987Is it something on MFC's part or something on the image host's part though? I don't really even want to trust Tinypic at this point anymore cause every source I use eventually breaks my articles. :( I wish I could at least upload them on MFC but have them be separated from my main gallery.
Well photobucket went monetized and imgur blacklisted MFC so its not really MFC's fault. I've been using tinypic for years and it's fine. You could just put them in an album but having a separate spot for blog pics is a good idea.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 1 mois
tharglet (Il y a 1 mois) #28073051The site you're using, the security certificate expired yesterday, so whoever's responsible for that should be taken out back and flogged.
I should imagine they'll fix that sooner rather than later, and the images should work again.

For MFC, I've used imgbb, as it allows account creation. Haven't used it longterm, but seems to get the job done.

Thanks for informing me what happened with the site, that's really useful to know. Hopefully the pictures will come back when it gets fixed then so that. I used imgbb for a while too but I noticed they were compressing my images a lot >< Is it any better if you have an account?

ugendo (Il y a 1 mois) #28074269solluxcaptor (Il y a 1 mois) #28072987Is it something on MFC's part or something on the image host's part though? I don't really even want to trust Tinypic at this point anymore cause every source I use eventually breaks my articles. :( I wish I could at least upload them on MFC but have them be separated from my main gallery.
Well photobucket went monetized and imgur blacklisted MFC so its not really MFC's fault. I've been using tinypic for years and it's fine. You could just put them in an album but having a separate spot for blog pics is a good idea.

I'm not blaming MFC for those things, of course. It's just troubling what to do and I thought maybe that MFC had changed the way that images were used in blogs since mine suddenly broke.
I agree that having a spot just for blog images would definitely be good in multiple ways though, would stop the main pictures feed getting flooded with occasional unnecessary blog images too.
MàJ Il y a 1 mois #28075824

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Oui
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 1 mois
solluxcaptor (Il y a 1 mois) #28075824Thanks for informing me what happened with the site, that's really useful to know. Hopefully the pictures will come back when it gets fixed then so that. I used imgbb for a while too but I noticed they were compressing my images a lot >< Is it any better if you have an account?

Afaik, no. I don't really upload anything in super-high quality anyway. I usually resize to a max width of 1500px at best, which is sufficient for my purposes.

I just like being able to delete the pics if I don't need 'em any more and track what I've uploaded.

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.