MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 93
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
I made some alerts to make some items searchable by barcode, but apparently only JAN-range EANs are acceptable. I liked the idea of being able to find things via its EAN code, but the restriction seems super-arbitrary to me.

So my suggestion is to have a barcode field that is more flexible, or allow selecting of the EAN type (though this could be done by automatic detection, and weird there seems to be no validation either).

mikki-malu
Regular Boarder

mikki-malu

En ligne Non
Niveau 24
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 382
Localisation Russia

Il y a 3 mois
It would be really convenient if we could flip through the figure photo galleries like before, when they were not sorted by the uploader, going to the thumbnails every time if I want to see several photos uploaded by different people is annoying. It's a figure database after all, so "more photos uploaded by a person" option is less important than easy access to figure photos.
http://ru.myanimeshelf.com/images/bnsign/350x60.jpg
FIGURES FOREVAH :D

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 262
Localisation TX

Il y a 3 mois
mikki-malu (Il y a 3 mois) #25238894It would be really convenient if we could flip through the figure photo galleries like before, when they were not sorted by the uploader, going to the thumbnails every time if I want to see several photos uploaded by different people is annoying. It's a figure database after all, so "more photos uploaded by a person" option is less important than easy access to figure photos.

I second this.
my shop: (mfc link)

Pre-Orders I'm Giving Up: (mfc link)

group order(s): N/A

moonlight119
Regular Boarder

moonlight119

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 765
Localisation Philippin...

Il y a 3 mois
I dont know if I'm the only one who finds this annoying but the floating function/new design or wte when making new comments on a blog post is pretty annoying, especially on mobile. There are times when I want to go back to the blog post or to another person's comment while writing my comment. Now with the floating comment box, I can't view anything but and I have to close the comment box first. This is very problematic because whatever I have written is totally lost if I close th comment box even accidentally.

Also, I support the suggestions regarding the direct link to blog comments, and the retaining of layout for encyclopedia entries.

paTKany
Over 9000

paTKany

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 482
Localisation Aasu resi...

Il y a 3 mois
tharglet (Il y a 3 mois) #25219666I made some alerts to make some items searchable by barcode, but apparently only JAN-range EANs are acceptable. I liked the idea of being able to find things via its EAN code, but the restriction seems super-arbitrary to me.

So my suggestion is to have a barcode field that is more flexible, or allow selecting of the EAN type (though this could be done by automatic detection, and weird there seems to be no validation either).

There's no such restriction. Next time when you alert/add an item which has an UPC in the North American range, include the leading zeroes. Product codes must be 13 digits long.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 93
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
paTKany (Il y a 3 mois) #25252224tharglet (Il y a 3 mois) #25219666I made some alerts to make some items searchable by barcode, but apparently only JAN-range EANs are acceptable. I liked the idea of being able to find things via its EAN code, but the restriction seems super-arbitrary to me.

There's no such restriction. Next time when you alert/add an item which has an UPC in the North American range, include the leading zeroes. Product codes must be 13 digits long.

When I made some alerts the other day I had two people say they weren't JANs, and closed the alert - here is one of the alerts - (mfc link)

The products in question afaik only have a UPC, hence my suggestion that UPCs should also be included, as I assumed that people processing alerts would know the rules. I can understand preferring the JAN, but it makes little sense imo to not allow UPCs for things that only have UPC, or equivalent.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25252658

paTKany
Over 9000

paTKany

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 482

Il y a 3 mois
tharglet (Il y a 3 mois) #25252658When I made some alerts the other day I had two people say they weren't JANs, and closed the alert - here is one of the alerts - (mfc link)

The products in question afaik only have a UPC, hence my suggestion that UPCs should also be included, as I assumed that people processing alerts would know the rules. I can understand preferring the JAN, but it makes little sense imo to not allow UPCs for things that only have UPC, or equivalent.

Don't worry about that, just include the leading zero(es) next time. See item #1724 for example.
(I have corrected the entries in your alerts.)

Muntoe
Lover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・人・ω・*꒱♡

Muntoe

En ligne Non
Niveau 45
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 2970
Localisation United St...

Il y a 3 mois
tharglet (Il y a 3 mois) #25252658The products in question afaik only have a UPC, hence my suggestion that UPCs should also be included, as I assumed that people processing alerts would know the rules. I can understand preferring the JAN, but it makes little sense imo to not allow UPCs for things that only have UPC, or equivalent.Sorry about the confusion! I wasn't aware that these products only had a UPC. I do also want to state that I did not close those alerts despite the comment I made. I'm not sure which staff member did so so I apologize if it was preemptive (unless you did so paT which in case thank you).

To clarify this I suggest that the FAQ be amended with this line or something similar so VIB (and MODs!) are not confused about this.

Figures/Goods/Media without a valid JAN code (e.g. US only releases) may substitute with a valid UPC code. When entering the UPC code, please add leading zeroes after the code to reach 13 digits.

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 93
Localisation UK

Il y a 3 mois
Muntoe (Il y a 3 mois) #25268589tharglet (Il y a 3 mois) #25252658The products in question afaik only have a UPC, hence my suggestion that UPCs should also be included, as I assumed that people processing alerts would know the rules. I can understand preferring the JAN, but it makes little sense imo to not allow UPCs for things that only have UPC, or equivalent.Sorry about the confusion! I wasn't aware that these products only had a UPC. I do also want to state that I did not close those alerts despite the comment I made. I'm not sure which staff member did so so I apologize if it was preemptive (unless you did so paT which in case thank you).

To clarify this I suggest that the FAQ be amended with this line or something similar so VIB (and MODs!) are not confused about this.

Figures/Goods/Media without a valid JAN code (e.g. US only releases) may substitute with a valid UPC code. When entering the UPC code, please add leading zeroes after the code to reach 13 digits.

Thanks for the info. I did take a pic of the boxes so that the codes could be seen on them, though the first image I made has a mistake on it :S. Didn't see a name on the resolutions, so I assumed they got closed for the reason stated. Sadly I don't find the system too clear!

Gonna change my suggestion - what would be nice is if the box has some validation on it, and if the code looks like a UPC, it could display a message to say JANs are preferred, if present, otherwise UPC is fine. (As JANs have a particular prefix, they'd be easy to detect). Also performing the checksum would be neat and help prevent typos.

I did play with the create-an-entry form to check what the field was lol.

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 1341
Localisation Scotland

Il y a 3 mois
The way that some of the other official images are now crammed under the page image looks really bad. It would be way better to either put the official images in a scroll through gallery below the page image and info section, or put all images except the page image in the category on the right.

(I do, however, really like the option of going right to the images in a specific category - like loot and boxes, which is great if you're looking for shots of nendoroid parts in the blister.)

Tunpa
Regular Boarder

Tunpa

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 16

Il y a 3 mois
Haven't checked the desktop layout, but the new mobile layout for entries became less convenient.
When clicking on a character/origin name it takes me directly to the encyclopedia page, rather than give the option for going there or doing a search based on category and popularity.
Lists has been thrown down the comments, so has tags and related items, which were easily accessed through the side bar. The picture category tabs are gone, which were very convenient in quickly checking if there is new addition of photos in a specific category.
I really appreciate the effort put in the new layout, but I hope it can be made optional.

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Oui
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 153
Localisation The Eroji...

Il y a 3 mois
Database item pages:
* The toggle to switch to Japanese is now at the bottom of the information section, much more useful at the top
* Above would be much alleviated if we could have a sub-title in a smaller font giving the Japanese title. What I have in mind is like how AmiAmi displays the Japanese title on their amiami.com item pages.
* The image gallery below the item main image is kinda cool, but it needs a small spacer/separator thingy to distinguish the main image from the gallery. Eg: item #615686, because of the backgrounds, the main image and the gallery below look merged into one lump.

Encyclopedia entry pages:
* The related items section deserves primacy, and should be promoted to the main section of the entry page, rather than getting pushed to the side bar. Should also show more than 8 by default.
* Being able to filter items linked to an entry directly by Figure/Goods/Media from the encyclopedia entry page was extremely convenient, would like to have that back
* Having the Subscribe button next to the related item count is confusing -- it looks at first like that's the number of people subscribed to the entry. Would be better if the subscribe button was moved to the main portion of the entry (right next to the entry title would work well)

Item/entry/picture linking
* In the previous site revision, the search field used for linking items/entries/pitures was an autocomplete-able field. This was super-super-useful when adding lots of items in a row and linking pairs, or alternate items as variants etc etc, since I type one digit, pull an autocomplete suggestion for the ID and change the last digit or two and link. Can this field be made autocompleteable (or whatever the right term for that is)?

General suggestions:
* The light green font on the gray-ish background makes things hard to read, would be good to have a theme option of some sort to switch to a black-on-white scheme
* Can we go back to Favourite instead of Like? I'm not on Facebook for nothing :P
* Have a theme option to not have the v4 header cover the banner, ie show the banner without anything overlaid. The banner I've been using for the last 5 years is Phicoo's banner of Panty (picture #538539), and I've *really* gotten used to her benevolent (!!) presence on each page. Also, do you really want to be the person who "over-laid" Panty? XD XD

We all appreciate that you're working hard behind the scenes, hope you're taking the feedback in the right spirit. We're a bunch of grumpy old farts who like things *just so* ^_^

weeb
lexiechan
Regular Boarder

weeb

En ligne Non
Niveau 11
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 22
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 3 mois
So concerning the mobile site - whenever I go onto a listing I noticed with the new beta update I have to scroll past tons of comments right down to the bottom to find the pictures section.. Sometimes I click a listing and I just wanna quickly see the other pictures but now I can't smh
Seems silly to put the picture section at the bottom when it was fine staying at the top of the page under the official picture/icon sigh

EDIT - also the downvoting on comments is such a bad idea and should be removed :@
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25283608

Lilie
Regular Boarder

Lilie

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 72
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 3 mois
weeb (Il y a 3 mois) #25283608EDIT - also the downvoting on comments is such a bad idea and should be removed :@I second this.

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 13

Il y a 3 mois
weeb (Il y a 3 mois) #25283608So concerning the mobile site - whenever I go onto a listing I noticed with the new beta update I have to scroll past tons of comments right down to the bottom to find the pictures section.. Sometimes I click a listing and I just wanna quickly see the other pictures but now I can't smh
Seems silly to put the picture section at the bottom when it was fine staying at the top of the page under the official picture/icon sigh
100% agree, having all the pictures together just seems so much more convenient. Honestly I also hate the new comment sections so I'd really rather not have to scroll through that mess to see pics

Ugh and the way the official pictures are crammed together, I don't even want to think about how bad it looks.

azaziel666
Regular Boarder

azaziel666

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 12

Il y a 3 mois
Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25290311weeb (Il y a 3 mois) #25283608So concerning the mobile site - whenever I go onto a listing I noticed with the new beta update I have to scroll past tons of comments right down to the bottom to find the pictures section.. Sometimes I click a listing and I just wanna quickly see the other pictures but now I can't smh
100% agree, having all the pictures together just seems so much more convenient. Honestly I also hate the new comment sections so I'd really rather not have to scroll through that mess to see pics

Ugh and the way the official pictures are crammed together, I don't even want to think about how bad it looks.

My god. Who on earth created the design. Its so bad. The mobile version is a bloody disaster. The web version makes me squint my eyes.

Guys, seriously, dont fix something thats not broken.

paTKany
Over 9000

paTKany

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 482

Il y a 3 mois
Muntoe (Il y a 3 mois) #25268589Figures/Goods/Media without a valid JAN code (e.g. US only releases) may substitute with a valid UPC code. When entering the UPC code, please add leading zeroes after the code to reach 13 digits.

You can remove the media from that line, as media section is Japanese releases only anyway.

mikki-malu
Regular Boarder

mikki-malu

En ligne Non
Niveau 24
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 382
Localisation Russia

Il y a 3 mois
It's really hard to speak calmly when every time I use a site I notice another change making it less convenient >:|

On the figure entries the info on the figures ordered was right on the page, the shop, the shipping method chosen and the rest. It's now hidden I guess coz the only way I see it is by clicking the ORDERED button. It's not convenient, please put this info back on the page, it's been very useful since it was added and now it's hidden like it's not important.
http://ru.myanimeshelf.com/images/bnsign/350x60.jpg
FIGURES FOREVAH :D

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Oui
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 134
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 3 mois
mikki-malu (Il y a 3 mois) #25317349It's really hard to speak calmly when every time I use a site I notice another change making it less convenient >:|

On the figure entries the info on the figures ordered was right on the page, the shop, the shipping method chosen and the rest. It's now hidden I guess coz the only way I see it is by clicking the ORDERED button. It's not convenient, please put this info back on the page, it's been very useful since it was added and now it's hidden like it's not important.

I concur that those informations should be display again, how can we manage our collection, our orders, etc. if the important things are hidden ? this is nonsense for a website like that.
And having our avatar beside the button isn't really necessary, pretty sure I know I'm logged in and it's me that will wished or owned this figure, the thumbnail of the figure itself would be better (like it was before), but I think this one should be with the name of the product, like that when we scroll down all the page for commentaries we still have a visual reminder about the figure of the entry.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25319455

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 13

Il y a 3 mois
would it be possible to have a few days of an account being made until you can make blog posts? because there are currently 13 pages of spam posts and it's the only thing i can think of that might reduce it

« Préc.   1 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 83   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.