MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

Sils
Regular Boarder

Sils

En ligne Non
Niveau 11
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 15
Localisation Argentina

Il y a 3 mois
Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25349948would it be possible to have a few days of an account being made until you can make blog posts? because there are currently 13 pages of spam posts and it's the only thing i can think of that might reduce it
I agree, that, or a capcha?

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Non
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 135
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 3 mois
The release dates should definitely be changed like it was before, it's really hard to see when a product will be release now and even more when there's more than one release, clicking on that tiny number to have the infos isn't good.

I really don't understand this new layout for the entry page, how is it an improvement when everything is everywhere or hidden under clicking popup ?
Before we could easily subscribes to comments, pictures and changes with 3 check boxes side by side, now it's all over the place, and with the changelog all the way down, you have to search for it.
And that just one exemple, there's so many more...
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25356796

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 154
Localisation The Eroji...

Il y a 3 mois
The item thumbnail is no longer visible on the item page, so if we want to check it, we need to get a database search, which can be a pain if the item is the sole hit for a series, say, in which case would have to search for some broader category which would give multiple hits.

Suggestion is to replace the user icon next to the "Add to my collection" button with the item thumbnail -- since I already know that I'm logged in via the status bar, the user thumbnail there is redundant. Having the item thumbnail would be useful, and logical, since the visual sequence of "item thumbnail -> add to my collection" makes more logical sense than "user thumbnail -> add to my collection".

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 154

Il y a 3 mois
The text "Not suitable for work or people under 18" is kinda long-winded and non-standard. "NSFW/R-18" or "NSFW/R18" would be crisper, for one, and the connotations of R-18 are also more easily recognised by non-native English speakers than what is conveyed by the present text.

nikkoda
ミカ大好きだよ
Regular Boarder

nikkoda

En ligne Non
Niveau 12
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 35
Localisation Michigan,...

Il y a 3 mois
The As Manufacture, As Artist, As Exclusive/Standard thing on item pages is very redundant.

Also I still think encyclopedia pages should have the ITEMS showcased not the entry about me/description. I keep going to click the items thinking it's directly below like before. Thanks for fixing this, looks a lot better now. However on some pages it's ordered Figures - Goods - Media and on other pages it's Figures - Media - Goods
Example: (mfc link)
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25497136

loveanime
Regular Boarder

loveanime

En ligne Non
Niveau 14
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 64

Il y a 3 mois
ffenris (Il y a 3 mois) #25450611The item thumbnail is no longer visible on the item page, so if we want to check it, we need to get a database search, which can be a pain if the item is the sole hit for a series, say, in which case would have to search for some broader category which would give multiple hits.

Suggestion is to replace the user icon next to the "Add to my collection" button with the item thumbnail -- since I already know that I'm logged in via the status bar, the user thumbnail there is redundant. Having the item thumbnail would be useful, and logical, since the visual sequence of "item thumbnail -> add to my collection" makes more logical sense than "user thumbnail -> add to my collection".

Another great "improvement" of v4.0! Item thumbnail makes a lot more sense, the way it used to be. No point to have your own icon on every figure.

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Non
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 135
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 3 mois
The encyclopedia entries have changed with now figures/goods/medias under the main infos, that's nice :), still a bit big due to spaces between the thumbnail but better than before.

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 154

Il y a 3 mois
ffenris (Il y a 3 mois) #25283295Database item pages:
* The toggle to switch to Japanese is now at the bottom of the information section, much more useful at the top
* Above would be much alleviated if we could have a sub-title in a smaller font giving the Japanese title. What I have in mind is like how AmiAmi displays the Japanese title on their amiami.com item pages.
* The image gallery below the item main image is kinda cool, but it needs a small spacer/separator thingy to distinguish the main image from the gallery. Eg: item #615686, because of the backgrounds, the main image and the gallery below look merged into one lump.

Encyclopedia entry pages:
* The related items section deserves primacy, and should be promoted to the main section of the entry page, rather than getting pushed to the side bar. Should also show more than 8 by default.
* Being able to filter items linked to an entry directly by Figure/Goods/Media from the encyclopedia entry page was extremely convenient, would like to have that back
* Having the Subscribe button next to the related item count is confusing -- it looks at first like that's the number of people subscribed to the entry. Would be better if the subscribe button was moved to the main portion of the entry (right next to the entry title would work well)

Item/entry/picture linking
* In the previous site revision, the search field used for linking items/entries/pitures was an autocomplete-able field. This was super-super-useful when adding lots of items in a row and linking pairs, or alternate items as variants etc etc, since I type one digit, pull an autocomplete suggestion for the ID and change the last digit or two and link. Can this field be made autocompleteable (or whatever the right term for that is)?

General suggestions:
* The light green font on the gray-ish background makes things hard to read, would be good to have a theme option of some sort to switch to a black-on-white scheme
* Can we go back to Favourite instead of Like? I'm not on Facebook for nothing :P
* Have a theme option to not have the v4 header cover the banner, ie show the banner without anything overlaid. The banner I've been using for the last 5 years is Phicoo's banner of Panty (picture #538539), and I've *really* gotten used to her benevolent (!!) presence on each page. Also, do you really want to be the person who "over-laid" Panty? XD XD

We all appreciate that you're working hard behind the scenes, hope you're taking the feedback in the right spirit. We're a bunch of grumpy old farts who like things *just so* ^_^

Yay for the fixes to the encyclopedia pages, and for bringing back black! Green definitely wasn't the new black :P

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 154

Il y a 3 mois
Now that we have multiple releases back on the item page, can we get the individual information blocks left justified rather than ragged? ie line up the left edge of the dates, and line up the left edge of the release type, so that if one date is longer than another, the release type info stays aligned. Makes it easier to take in at a glance.

Would also really like it if the JAN was displayed along with the release date and type -- I can live with the additional info being a click away, but having the JAN available directly on the item page was very helpful for items with multiple JANs (for eg T-shirts with different sizes, or re-releases that have no other change but are allocated a new JAN).

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 2043
Localisation Canada

Il y a 3 mois
I would love the option of picking which version we would like to use.

Split up the recent and highest rated comments-it was more divided in the old version now it feels like it is a part of the comments as a whole (I don't know if I am making any sense here)

internecinewar
Regular Boarder

internecinewar

En ligne Non
Niveau 25
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 739
Localisation PH

Il y a 3 mois
Please let us search through the related entries in an encyclopedia page again. It is a bit tiring to sift through all the linked entries manually. Thank you.

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

En ligne Non
Niveau 39
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 154

Il y a 3 mois
internecinewar (Il y a 3 mois) #25571977Please let us search through the related entries in an encyclopedia page again. It is a bit tiring to sift through all the linked entries manually. Thank you.
I second this. It's made even more difficult since only 5 entries are shown at a time. I recently had to sift through all the KanColle girls ... not fun.

SkyBlue
Regular Boarder

SkyBlue

En ligne Non
Niveau 26
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 92

Il y a 3 mois
ffenris (Il y a 3 mois) #25575990internecinewar (Il y a 3 mois) #25571977Please let us search through the related entries in an encyclopedia page again. It is a bit tiring to sift through all the linked entries manually. Thank you.
I second this. It's made even more difficult since only 5 entries are shown at a time. I recently had to sift through all the KanColle girls ... not fun.

Agreed on this too. Also, this applies to mobile only I guess but can the search box be longer? More often than not I can't even see what I'm typing with everything clustered together...
And I'm glad the "Strict" tick box is back but please separate them from the search box.

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Non
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 135
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 3 mois
Bring back the search fields on the right side for the databases please, it's a real pain to select and use each field one by one to make a research.
The date also need a specific type of info and it's not said how it is supposed to be.

Sekhmet
Killing Stalking
Regular Boarder

Sekhmet

En ligne Non
Niveau 23
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 733
Localisation Creek Hel...

Il y a 3 mois
I have other things to add but for right now the most important one is the search field. Before if I wanted to check and see if something was in the db before I added it, all I had to do was search for the title for example. If I wanted to search by kanji, I could do so on the options that used to be on the right. Now, when I searched for a title of a doujin to make sure it was already in the db I couldn't find it. I searched under title within the new search page and it still did not show up. I had to go to an item on my owned list since I knew I already owned something by that circle just to click on their name and double check to see if the item was in the db. The search function seems largely broken if I can't type in a title name and bring up even one result. And yes, the item was already in the db so there was no reason for it not to show up in the search.

Edit: I should note this is only happening on the parts of MFC that have been updated. So this happened when I searched from the main page (under V4 now) but when I searched from my notifications page (not under V4 yet) I was able to bring up the doujin I was looking for by title without trouble.
My splits - (mfc link)
My GOs - (mfc link) & (mfc link) & (mfc link)

Ai no Kusabi is getting an English dub, and I'm crying sparkles.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25779843

Ruttsu
as Ruttsu
Very Important Boarder

Ruttsu

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 60
Localisation Portugal

Il y a 3 mois
It would b nice if new users had some kind of "restrictions" before they can post articles, to prevent people like this simonhopes from posting spam articles the moment they arrive here, maybe having to have a certain level (level 10 for example) before they can post. It's not a big problem, but it's annoying having to report useless articles and users that only come here to spam, all the time.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25785980

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 10 mois
Message(s) 13
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 3 mois
Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25785980It would b nice if new users had some kind of "restrictions" before they can post articles, to prevent people like this simonhopes from posting spam articles the moment they arrive here, maybe having to have a certain level (level 10 for example) before they can post. It's not a big problem, but it's annoying having to report useless articles and users that only come here to spam, all the time. 10 is a bit high imo, I've been on her 6 months now and I'm only lvl 7, I brought this up before when there was 15+ pages of spam but a cool down from when you join of like a week till you can post would be good, Someone else suggested at captcha which would be useful too.

Ruttsu
as Ruttsu
Very Important Boarder

Ruttsu

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 60
Localisation Portugal

Il y a 3 mois
Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25790233Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25785980It would b nice if new users had some kind of "restrictions" before they can post articles, to prevent people like this simonhopes from posting spam articles the moment they arrive here, maybe having to have a certain level (level 10 for example) before they can post. It's not a big problem, but it's annoying having to report useless articles and users that only come here to spam, all the time. 10 is a bit high imo, I've been on her 6 months now and I'm only lvl 7, I brought this up before when there was 15+ pages of spam but a cool down from when you join of like a week till you can post would be good, Someone else suggested at captcha which would be useful too.That was just an example, but that spam account arrived here 10 hours ago and is already level 5, maybe level 6 would be OK, or like you suggested a period of time before they can post, similar to the one we have for rating pictures (very new users are not allowed to rate pictures). The captcha IMO wouldn't be a good option, because a captcha would annoy us more than the spam ;) and the spammer would only have to solve the captcha and post.

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 10 mois
Message(s) 13
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 3 mois
Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25798267Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25790233Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25785980It would b nice if new users had some kind of "restrictions" before they can post articles, to prevent people like this simonhopes from posting spam articles the moment they arrive here, maybe having to have a certain level (level 10 for example) before they can post. It's not a big problem, but it's annoying having to report useless articles and users that only come here to spam, all the time. 10 is a bit high imo, I've been on her 6 months now and I'm only lvl 7, I brought this up before when there was 15+ pages of spam but a cool down from when you join of like a week till you can post would be good, Someone else suggested at captcha which would be useful too.That was just an example, but that spam account arrived here 10 hours ago and is already level 5, maybe level 6 would be OK, or like you suggested a period of time before they can post, similar to the one we have for rating pictures (very new users are not allowed to rate pictures). The captcha IMO wouldn't be a good option, because a captcha would annoy us more than the spam ;) and the spammer would only have to solve the captcha and post. I mean sure captcha's can be annoying but if they're only used when making a blog post i don't see how it would be that bad. The captcha would be to stop bot spam and even if it isn't a bot a captcha would at least slow the spam down.

Ruttsu
as Ruttsu
Very Important Boarder

Ruttsu

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 60
Localisation Portugal

Il y a 3 mois
Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25798800Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25798267Korlax (Il y a 3 mois) #25790233Ruttsu (Il y a 3 mois) #25785980It would b nice if new users had some kind of "restrictions" before they can post articles, to prevent people like this simonhopes from posting spam articles the moment they arrive here, maybe having to have a certain level (level 10 for example) before they can post. It's not a big problem, but it's annoying having to report useless articles and users that only come here to spam, all the time. 10 is a bit high imo, I've been on her 6 months now and I'm only lvl 7, I brought this up before when there was 15+ pages of spam but a cool down from when you join of like a week till you can post would be good, Someone else suggested at captcha which would be useful too.That was just an example, but that spam account arrived here 10 hours ago and is already level 5, maybe level 6 would be OK, or like you suggested a period of time before they can post, similar to the one we have for rating pictures (very new users are not allowed to rate pictures). The captcha IMO wouldn't be a good option, because a captcha would annoy us more than the spam ;) and the spammer would only have to solve the captcha and post. I mean sure captcha's can be annoying but if they're only used when making a blog post i don't see how it would be that bad. The captcha would be to stop bot spam and even if it isn't a bot a captcha would at least slow the spam down.Assuming it's not a bot posting because the user has to create an account to join MFC, a captcha would delay them a few seconds, but they would still be able to post spam right after joining MFC. I think a delay or a level requirement would be more effective, some forums have that, I once joined a diecast forum with the intention of selling a diecast car, but I had to have a certain level or wait a month before I was allowed to post on the selling thread, that worked really well because after reading the rules, I gave up.

« Préc.   1 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 83   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.