MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

ugendo
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Regular Boarder

ugendo

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 290
Localisation MI, USA

Il y a 1 mois
FatalReticence (Il y a 1 mois) #28026084I know how to use the advanced search but I'm referring to when searching directly from an item page using the magnifying glass thing. Before, if you clicked on a term like classification or character name, a (+) mark would show up and you could add multiple terms and do a quick combined search. For some reason, classification isn't an option with the new system. It's not really a big deal, I'm just a little annoyed that a convenient feature I used frequently now requires extra steps to get me results.

Ah I never used that feature directly from the item page I apologize. You can definitely do classification but it does have more steps like you said. A lot of things in the newer updates just add more clicks

agcpictures
Regular Boarder

agcpictures

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 184
Localisation United St...

Il y a 1 mois
Is there a limit to the number of linked items for a photo? Tried linking a 101st item but it wouldn't and there was no notification saying a limit had been reached. Found nothing in the Photo Help/FAQ about a limit; suggest adding something saying so either in the FAQ or as a pop-up.
Treasures untold in my Sales List 1 and Sales List 2!
http://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-11-rgb_resize_40pct.jpghttp://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-08-rgb_resize_40pct.jpg

Sekhmet
Killing Stalking
Regular Boarder

Sekhmet

En ligne Non
Niveau 24
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 726
Localisation Creek Hel...

Il y a 1 mois
Maakie (Il y a 1 mois) #27802784
I think I actually even already suggested this before in the forums!

Had multiple situations where I did not know what happened to my alert, but saw it solved. The only way to find out which MOD closed it and/or to ask clarification how/why it was closed is to make a new one and ask or PM well known MODs for certain categories and ask if it was them. >.< This could also be solved btw if the MOD 'must' leave a comment/answer on why the alert was solved. That would in general be nice for the database too, even if it would just say 'alert solved, no change was made' or 'alert solved, I edited the entry' etc.

I honestly think it's pretty rude and a dick move to close an alert with no comment whatsoever. It's kind of like they're saying "Eh I'm not bothering with this so I'll close it, F U." or "This isn't important enough for me to deal with so I'll close it." That's really what it seems like and what I take it as. It's a community effort in regards to the database but, not really with the current system. Asking in the DB managers club is largely useless and getting a mod/admin to respond to you is equally as difficult. I STILL never got an answer to an issue I had with an alert some months ago, and it was completely ignored, and was something I felt was a pretty important issue. I agree however that there must be a comment left with an alert before it is closed, that can clear up some confusion too at least. Also, I suggest there somehow be tags implemented for the alert system; this can be beneficial for items that get deleted due to an alert so that the alert can be more easily looked up and referenced in future alerts/issues.
My splits - (mfc link)
My GOs - (mfc link) & (mfc link) & (mfc link)

Ai no Kusabi is getting an English dub, and I'm crying sparkles.

Maakie
Regular Boarder

Maakie

En ligne Non
Niveau 37
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 253
Localisation The Nethe...

Il y a 1 mois
Sekhmet (Il y a 1 mois) #28175979Maakie (Il y a 1 mois) #27802784
I think I actually even already suggested this before in the forums!

Had multiple situations where I did not know what happened to my alert, but saw it solved. The only way to find out which MOD closed it and/or to ask clarification how/why it was closed is to make a new one and ask or PM well known MODs for certain categories and ask if it was them. >.< This could also be solved btw if the MOD 'must' leave a comment/answer on why the alert was solved. That would in general be nice for the database too, even if it would just say 'alert solved, no change was made' or 'alert solved, I edited the entry' etc.

I honestly think it's pretty rude and a dick move to close an alert with no comment whatsoever. It's kind of like they're saying "Eh I'm not bothering with this so I'll close it, F U." or "This isn't important enough for me to deal with so I'll close it." That's really what it seems like and what I take it as. It's a community effort in regards to the database but, not really with the current system. Asking in the DB managers club is largely useless and getting a mod/admin to respond to you is equally as difficult. I STILL never got an answer to an issue I had with an alert some months ago, and it was completely ignored, and was something I felt was a pretty important issue. I agree however that there must be a comment left with an alert before it is closed, that can clear up some confusion too at least. Also, I suggest there somehow be tags implemented for the alert system; this can be beneficial for items that get deleted due to an alert so that the alert can be more easily looked up and referenced in future alerts/issues.

While reading this post, I got a perfect example of this that just happened: (mfc link) & (mfc link) . It's from a bug that happened a while ago. The problem is not solved, but both alerts are marked as solved, the last one just moments ago. By who, I don't know. It could be that they are working on it at the back-end, but it would have been nice to at least leave a comment like 'we have noted this comment and are working on it.' there, because now it looks like the alert is just ignored and they're not looking into this older problem anymore. >.<
Things I am selling/trading: (mfc link) & (mfc link) & (mfc link) & (mfc link) Thanks for looking!

Cosplay website: [ext link ]

Figure blog: (mfc link)

Heavenly_Otaku
Regular Boarder

Heavenly_Otaku

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 17

Il y a 1 mois
I have a suggestion, but I am not sure if the same was already made before.
Would it be possible, for the owned option to be enabled only after the release date of a figure? Thanks as always.

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 262
Localisation TX

Il y a 1 mois
Heavenly_Otaku (Il y a 1 mois) #28388074I have a suggestion, but I am not sure if the same was already made before.
Would it be possible, for the owned option to be enabled only after the release date of a figure? Thanks as always.

I agree with this. Its a little bit strange to see "owned" on a figure that hasn't been released yet.
my shop: (mfc link)

Pre-Orders I'm Giving Up: (mfc link)

group order(s): N/A

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Non
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 135
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 1 mois
So it's been a while since a new V4 update now, dunno if things are still ongoing but I suppose it will.

With that in mind, would it be possible to remove the autocrop thumbnail for encyclopedia entry ?
I tried to have a nice close up of the head for an entry but it's not possible... generally the pictures we use are scaled down for the croping, so the selection is messed up, and when you tried to use a picture with only the head of the character, to have a nice close up, it don't stay since when we change back to a full picture it will redo the crop automaticaly...

If I asked it's because I kinda fear this feature would be use for all the entries: figures, goods and medias; and it will be the same problem here.

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 13
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 29 jours
Ok so more spam blog posts, is it at least possible to limit to amount of blogs you can post a day to like 3 or something? To avoid just the sheer amount of spamming that can be done.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 29 jours
Just wanted to say that the blogs page is a mess right now... I've never seen this many bots, pretty much 10 spam bot articles per minute. I hope it can be resolved somehow, might want to put some kind of anti-bot protection in place even if it's something basic like needing to wait 24 hours after sign up to post an article.

All blog posts containing "password reset" will need to be removed, since I imagine cleaning all of them up by hand would be almost impossible. Can't even block the specific user because there are too many.
MàJ Il y a 29 jours #28679117

victorviper
Regular Boarder

victorviper

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 125
Localisation USA

Il y a 29 jours
I can not believe that MFC doesn't use some sort of a Captcha or other anti-bot measures when people submit blog posts. I agree that there should be some sort of firewall where any given user can only make public some threshold number of blog posts per day (three? five?).

Another anti-bot measure would be that users of a certain level or below can not make a blog public without it passing through a mod, although that would probably put way too much work on the mods, particularly in situations like this.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 29 jours
victorviper (Il y a 29 jours) #28679155I can not believe that MFC doesn't use some sort of a Captcha or other anti-bot measures when people submit blog posts. I agree that there should be some sort of firewall where any given user can only make public some threshold number of blog posts per day (three? five?).

I think that captcha + an account needing to be at least 24 hours old to post a blog post would be reasonable as an anti-bot measure.
MàJ Il y a 29 jours #28679158

Korlax
Regular Boarder

Korlax

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 13
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 29 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 29 jours) #28679158I think that captcha + an account needing to be at least 24 hours old to post a blog post would be reasonable as an anti-bot measure.
There was a discussion about that a few months ago actually (mfc link) and it was a pretty definite wouldn't work. Realistically even my idea of limiting the amount of blog posts you can make a day probably wouldn't work because whats to stop them from just making more accounts.

Whatever mfc has in place rn though really isn't working and needs an update. Even if that's just as simple as getting a better captcha when making an account.

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 262
Localisation TX

Il y a 28 jours
What the actual hell lmao I've never seen so many spam-bots in one go ANYWHERE.

We really, really need something done about the blog posts. Whether its limited by "power", a captcha, or how long a person has had their account something needs to be done.

victorviper
Regular Boarder

victorviper

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 125
Localisation USA

Il y a 28 jours
I really hope that Kuma and the developers will take a hard look at adding some sort of extra layer of security to the blog submission form.

I'm pretty sure there's been a drop in overall blog activity anyway, and on a user-driven site, the last thing you want is to compound that effect with people thinking to themselves "well, I was going to make a blog but to hell with it because it's going to get buried under a thousand spam posts".

R_Dorothy
Regular Boarder

R_Dorothy

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 181
Localisation USA

Il y a 27 jours
FOR HEAVEN'T SAKE THE SPAM BLOGS ARE RIDICULOUS.

I don't want to limit new user's fun by restricting them from making blogs on entirely, so why on earth would it be that hard or unreasonable to limit people to 3 blog entries per day? There's really no reason to need to make that many anyway and it would at least stop a single spambot from making like 100 of them until a mod finally has time to deal with it.
http://i.imgur.com/PJOu4BM.jpg

victorviper
Regular Boarder

victorviper

En ligne Non
Niveau 30
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 125
Localisation USA

Il y a 27 jours
R_Dorothy (Il y a 27 jours) #28732945FOR HEAVEN'T SAKE THE SPAM BLOGS ARE RIDICULOUS.

I don't want to limit new user's fun by restricting them from making blogs on entirely, so why on earth would it be that hard or unreasonable to limit people to 3 blog entries per day? There's really no reason to need to make that many anyway and it would at least stop a single spambot from making like 100 of them until a mod finally has time to deal with it.

Agreed, as this is getting kind of ridiculous. If you're contributing anything even remotely interesting, you're not going to be able to crank out more than three postings in a given day, so that might be the best short-term solution to deal with this problem. It's pretty clear that it's not going away on its own.

If something like this happens during, say WonFes, people are going to lose their minds!

R_Dorothy
Regular Boarder

R_Dorothy

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 181
Localisation USA

Il y a 27 jours
It's happening again! This site has gone to hell in a hand basket.
http://i.imgur.com/PJOu4BM.jpg

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 262
Localisation TX

Il y a 27 jours
This is just ridiculous. I don’t even want to make blog posts anymore because of this invasion. This never happened on V3. At least, never to such an extent. This is just proving that V4 is a downgrade :/

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 27 jours
Please, someone needs to put some measures in place to stop the spam blogs. Even the most basic measures like capcha, restricting certain words from being used in the title (they always use similar titles) or a necessary amount of time since sign up needed to make a blog post. Even a temporary approval from mod necessary if nothing else can be implemented.

Stacycmc
Regular Boarder

Stacycmc

En ligne Non
Niveau 11
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 mois
Message(s) 20
Localisation USA

Il y a 22 jours
So, I'd like to suggest some sort of revamp to the POTD process...

I've noticed that for some users, shortly after posting pics they are able to get 5-10 likes fairly quickly. Now, I realize for the established photographer on here, it's highly possible that maybe users have subscribed to their photos, so may get a notification when that user uploads more pics...BUT... here is my skepticism...

For some users, if you look at who is liking / rating their pics early on (which is the most vital time since this 100% determines if it will be shown in any capacity on the front page, which is where you will get 90% of your likes/ratings), you can't help but think it looks a bit sketchy. For example, a like from a user that's been a member of MFC for a year, has only liked 20 or so pics and 18 of them are all from person X. This year-old veteran also has no other activity on their profile...no wanted figures, no pics of their own, no blogs, nothing in their collection....it's like they simply log on to look at the pics and like all images from person X. Fishy eh? Or, say the user does appear to have activity but the last 17 pictures they've liked over the past 4 months are 100% from Person X. They must REALLY like their style huh? I realize both of these are "possible" scenarios but tell me that's not a bit sketchy, especially when the first 10 likes they get in the first 8 hours of uploading, have about half that are from folks like this. And if you ever pay attention to the upcoming POTD images, you know that 10 likes and 5-star ratings can EASILY get you front page POTD...then you're front and center and can easily rack up a bunch more likes since the POTD is 4x the size of the next few runners up (which I agree it should be....but just question the methods here).

So...let's assume everyone is honest here and are playing fair (i.e. not pressing friends to go vote for their pic no matter what, creating dup accounts to vote for their own pics (as that's not allowed!!), or even rating other's images one star to make them lose points), even IF everyone plays fair (which I obviously question if that's the case) I still think how POTD is determined needs an overhaul. Esp if folks want to also add dishonesty to the mix (which they may or may not be doing)....

So below are some thoughts/suggestions:

1. POTD shouldn't be determined from the minimal views that the "upcoming" section gets currently. I've seen pics get POTD from like 4 likes because no one has really viewed the upcoming section yet. Then once they go front page, there ends up being like 3-4 "POTD" because as folks finally see the pics for the first time, they votes can swing back and forth for a bit until they finally stabilize...leaving a string of "POTD's" in it's wake.
2. Visibility to the upcoming POTD options needs to be more visible, so the common MFC user that will readily vote for the pic that's already plastered in grand size on the front page, will also be more inclined to see what else is out there. I have NO doubt a lot of POTD simply get votes because they are in fact huge, and on the main page (and good, yes, but just saying the 5th option below it may be AMAZING).
3. Now, to go a bit against what I said in #1....I will state however, that whichever pic does happen to get lucky enough to get front and center the following day, has a CLEAR ADVANTAGE over the "runners" up displayed at painstakingly hard to see minuscule size either above or to the right of the main picture (a lot f time, depending on the layout, you can't even see what the pic is unless you click in...like not at all, it's too small). If that primary pic had landed 30+ likes/ratings fine...it deserves POTD in large size on the front page...but maybe it only had 5 votes (so, see how easy it is if someone did want to play dirty..??). Now, I know the pic at least needs to be a good pic or it WILL NOT retain it's lead, even with this huge advantage, but that does not mean that there are not WAY better pics that users just don't see or know about sitting there...hidden because how the pics are presented is not visible enough to most users to get a proper voting in before POTD is determined.

Now, I know this is a figure site...not a photography site....so the whole front page should not be overwhelmed with pictures detracting from the primary focus of the actual figures (as not all pics of of figures). But due to questionable activity and just low visibility to "upcoming" photos of the day or those that just lost out on pic of the day so are displayed super tiny-like...I'm just asking if some thought could be put into how to make this better.

Perhaps show the top 12 (or maybe the # is 8 or something) upcoming pics of the day, in equal size on the front page the day BEFORE a winner is determined so more of the MFC population can vote? Then have a big pic of the prior day's ACTUAL winner...?? Or maybe for the first 5 hours show them equal size on the front page, then determine the winner for POTD and show it big.... Or hell have a huge link that direct people to the upcoming POTD page that says "VOTE FOR TOMORROW'S POTD"...something to increase visibility and votes before POTD is determined. I think there could be various options in order to overcome early ballot stuffing and just let this be a little more accessible to those that don't have a following, play unfair, or just missed out on POTD by a few points (esp early on, since there's sooo few votes at that point)...

Anyway if anyone else has other thoughts feel free to weigh in. :D Would love to hear others suggestions and thoughts on this topic!

« Préc.   1 77 78 79 80 81 82 83   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.