MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

kumasanmk

Producer

kumasanmk

En ligne Non
Niveau 36
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1743
Localisation France

Il y a 3 ans
This is the thread to discuss the Official Android Application of MFC.

Please post your suggestions, desired features and bugs.

Thank you!

Link: Google Play

CloudKingdom
Regular Boarder

CloudKingdom

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 3
Localisation Copenhage...

Il y a 3 ans
Thanks for this.. Tried it for a few days.

Would be great to have a swipe out menu like on newer apps these days. Like in the minimal design from Google. Also I'm not too happy about the way the images scale when I click on a figure - I'd rather it adjusted to screen size so I could see full image.

All in all, I think I'll head back to "My Figure Collection" from Ant Robot. I really like how he kept it familiar to the site. Frames around various items and such. I know you have colored the rows and such, but I like how it's the same as on the page in the other app.

Will keep this on my phone and watch the implementations. :)

Come to think of it, why not try and collab with Ant Robot? That app actually has pretty much everything except for the forums.. Or kindof through the browser.

And sorry, I don't mean to bash the app, it just has a long way to go I think. :) It's in no way bad. It's just not.. As good.. To me.

heathersaur
Regular Boarder

heathersaur

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 711
Localisation Florida

Il y a 3 ans
I see you're using tabs but not a swipe view. I highly highly suggest using a swipe view with scrollable tabs [ext link ] or Action Bar [ext link ].

Maybe simplify all the menu options into the tabs:

- Have one or two for everything pictures (POTD, latest, My pictures all in one tab) and one for Upload, take picture
- Have one for collection
- Have one for Search
- Maybe have one for settings but I would do a separate menu (action bar) for that

You could also do CloudKingdom's suggestion of a Navigation Drawer as well [ext link ]

I also would suggest maybe putting the login settings in a dialog box and only display the username in the actual settings fragment, looks cleaner.

Since you're not using a swipe view with your tabs sometimes the information in the fragment gets cut off like if you go to a specific item page. Also when you go the collection the keyboard automatically pops up and I would suggest not to have the search bar on the bottom but somewhere else so it's not accidently clicked on. A way to organize the collection tab by like type (pre-painted, action, trading, etc) would be nice as well.

I would also suggest trying to implement a master detail view for the collection at some point (for landscape mode) it would look really nice.
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2415276

CloudKingdom
Regular Boarder

CloudKingdom

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 3

Il y a 3 ans
heathersaur (Il y a 3 ans) #2415276I see you're using tabs but not a swipe view. I highly highly suggest using a swipe view with scrollable tabs [ext link ] or Action Bar [ext link ]

The new update today actually brought a side menu! It helped alot! ^^ I like where this is going.

Also thanks for scaling the pictures on the figures! I like how you listen to us. :) It's great being able to see the figs in full profile instead of just the midsection cause of zoom. :)

As heathersaur said, the tabs would be awesome if made scrollable. :)
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2423444

heathersaur
Regular Boarder

heathersaur

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 711
Localisation Florida

Il y a 3 ans
CloudKingdom (Il y a 3 ans) #2423444heathersaur (Il y a 3 ans) #2415276I see you're using tabs but not a swipe view. I highly highly suggest using a swipe view with scrollable tabs [ext link ] or Action Bar [ext link ]

The new update today actually brought a side menu! It helped alot! ^^ I like where this is going.

Also thanks for scaling the pictures on the figures! I like how you listen to us. :) It's great being able to see the figs in full profile instead of just the midsection cause of zoom. :)

As heathersaur said, the tabs would be awesome if made scrollable. :)

Yup good update (:

It seems when you're in "My Collection" you only have the option of going back instead of pulling up the menu

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but the thumbnails of items seem to be scaled by the number of lines of text. [ext link ] You can see it when you go from Shizuo (2 lines) to Mikasa (3 lines) to Miku (4 lines)

It also seems "Upload a Picture" is not working. I select an image and it just sends me back.

"Take a Picture" uploads to the "Picture" folder on the device's internal memory. I would first suggest making a new directory/folder for pictures taken through the app and I would also suggest defaulting to external storage first (if available) and put into settings the choice to save to internal or external storage.
MàJ Il y a 3 ans #2423821

CloudKingdom
Regular Boarder

CloudKingdom

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 3

Il y a 3 ans
heathersaur (Il y a 3 ans) #2423821Yup good update (:

It seems when you're in "My Collection" you only have the option of going back instead of pulling up the menu

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but the thumbnails of items seem to be scaled by the number of lines of text. [ext link ] You can see it when you go from Shizuo (2 lines) to Mikasa (3 lines) to Miku (4 lines)

It also seems "Upload a Picture" is not working. I select an image and it just sends me back.

"Take a Picture" uploads to the "Picture" folder on the device's internal memory. I would first suggest making a new directory/folder for pictures taken through the app and I would also suggest defaulting to external storage first (if available) and put into settings the choice to save to internal or external storage.

I noticed the menu thing too, suddenly I went backwards instead of pulling it out.

Oh, yeah, I'd imagine the scaling could be done like so. ^^

Y_a_pl1_2_virus
Regular Boarder

Y_a_pl1_2_virus

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 ans
Message(s) 1

Il y a 3 ans
there a plan to be compatible with more devices?
I can not take it with my phone, I was told that it is incompatible with motorola droid 4.

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.