Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Singer_Yuna
All along the Watchtower ♪

Singer_Yuna

En ligne Non
Niveau 27
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 743
Localisation ♥ Abyss o...

Il y a 8 ans
HLJ Store

MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

About this shop,
Shipping to Europe more or less 1 month, and very asequible the SAL option

+Medium-near-fast answer to troubles at the shop.
+The big amount of things in sales.
-They don't join several orders in one bigger.
-The coupon system only work for special conventions, nor for the most times you buy here nor the amount of money you spend on there.

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
I think HLJ is a really good site but i bo have some problems with it

: The site is hard to find your way around
: Over the last 1-2 months i have gotten a lot of server maintenance messages when i try to login to my account its really annoying
: There postage system is insane you never know what your going to end up paying for shipping
:In the sale section they should be a way to see what figures have been recently added

Overall its a good site but they do have some problems that could be easily fixed

LC
Very Important Boarder

LC

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 59
Localisation Thailand

Il y a 8 ans
HLJ is a really good alternative for buying figures that do not arrive locally in our country...Only drawback is, HLJ is popularly known in our local customs offices, such that packages from HLJ are almost always held for additional tax charges which are ridiculously high (computed at almost 50% of the total cost of the package+shipping)...Really ridiculous... @_@

xxangelchanxx
Very Important Boarder

xxangelchanxx

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 467
Localisation New york ...

Il y a 8 ans
Probably the best online shop for figures and japanese stuffs.
Though the shipping is pretty slow.
http://i.imgur.com/H6dgR.gif

Ashlotte
Full-time Reviewer
Very Important Boarder

Ashlotte

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 256
Localisation Florida, ...

Il y a 8 ans
I've only ever used EMS shipping through them, but the rather large package I got during their awesome sale arrived in under a week and considering the massive influx of orders they got around the time I put mine through they processed it extremely fast.

Like mem said though the site can be a pain to navigate. >_<
"There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Arkadyz/Heart_Music_by_AlexSatriani.gif

Marshmallowpie
Very Important Boarder

Marshmallowpie

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 134
Localisation nova scot...

Il y a 8 ans
HLJ is pretty much the only store I buy figures from, save for a few local stores. My only complaint is that they don't ship Air, SAL is okay, but two weeks is kinda long, EMS is nice and quick, but way too expensive.

Catherine
Regular Boarder

Catherine

En ligne Non
Niveau 16
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 16
Localisation Spain

Il y a 8 ans
I have some + for this shop ;)

+You dont pay anything until its ready to ship. (They wait 1-2month sometimes if you have some preordered and non-preordered items so you can save money on the shipping)
+When you choose SAL shipping, they dont usually stop the items to charge additional taxes (my packages never got caught for extra taxes coming from HLJ with SAL)
+ For some preorder items you can get an 5% discount if you hurry up.
+They dont usually care if you cancel some items and make a new order when they have already sent you the shipping invoice (you have to alert them by mail..

Gasaraki
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Gasaraki

En ligne Non
Niveau 14
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 63
Localisation United St...

Il y a 8 ans
My biggest problem with HLJ is their unflexability in orders/payments etc. and their horrible, HORRIBLE search engine.

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
Something strange happened the other day with an order from HLJ i ordered 2 figures in the sale with SAL shipping but later the same day i preordered another figure with EMS shipping .For some reason they changed my sale figures to EMS aswell so i have had to spend the past 4-5 days emailing them to sort this out =(

takarayama
Enjoyer of Life.™
Very Important Boarder

takarayama

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 372
Localisation Café Alph...

Il y a 8 ans
I think it actually says somewhere when ordering that your last order will decide the shipping for all your items previously ordered too. It appears they make no difference between different orders and just keep all ordered items as one big order and then ship out things as they are available.
Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
Thats kind of a stupid thing to do when the last item was a preorder what were they going to do wait 4 months also if it had not taken them 2 days to send out the order confirmation email i would not have had this problem . But i did find there customer help service to be very good and fast considering the weekend

Over all i think HLJ is the best site for figures but there site design and ordering system is really bad

Lenneth
the blue valkyrie
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Lenneth

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 212

Il y a 8 ans
HLJ is pretty inflexible on some things but you can make it work in your favour once you get the hang of how it behaves. ^_^

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
What is going on with the currency conversion rates on HLJ at the moment they are off be about 20% take 1/8 Gwendolyn PVC [ext link ] It sayes that 7800yen is 78euro but at the moment 7800yen is only 57.91 this is a Huge difference

takarayama
Enjoyer of Life.™
Very Important Boarder

takarayama

En ligne Non
Niveau 21
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 372
Localisation Café Alph...

Il y a 8 ans
That's weird. o_o The price in USD is correct and so are some of the other currencies I checked. I wonder what's up, too. >.>

I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference for people who live in countries that have Euro as currency since they bill people in Japanese Yen ("We will charge your credit card in yen, and your card company will do the currency exchange for you." (source)), but it's weird still.
Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
Its very strange i always look at the euro price and i thought that Gwendolyn was 78 which is to much but at only 60 i will be getting her XD

Still ill be looking at my billl when i get her to make sure that they charged the correct price

Mona_sama
Very Important Boarder

Mona_sama

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 114
Localisation Germany

Il y a 8 ans
Whoops! There´s something really fishy about that.
Wouldn´t be the first mistake they made, though. ^^;

pandamau
Regular Boarder

pandamau

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 2
Localisation Germany

Il y a 8 ans
Their currency converter isn't off. At the moment 1€ ~ 130Y.
So the price around 60€ is right for the Gwendolyn :)

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 8 ans
@pandamau . They must have fixed it last time i looked she was €78 XD

BunnyChan
Regular Boarder

BunnyChan

En ligne Non
Niveau 14
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 89
Localisation Germany

Il y a 8 ans
I buy lots of my figures from them. As said before, there are some things that are quite inflexible (shipping options, joining orders, terrible search engine), but it's okay. I know what to expect.

I just wish they had something like a wishlist option for those figures you can't order at the moment because of some pre-order start in the future.

Mona_sama
Very Important Boarder

Mona_sama

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 114
Localisation Germany

Il y a 8 ans
Hmmm~ I don´t know when I began to purchase from them but it´s quite some time ago.
I´ve never had any problems with them except once when my Mint arrived broken. But that was definitely not their fault. I like buying there because they offer SAL which is a cheap but slow method to get figures.

Unlike BunnyChan I have no complaints regarding the search engine. Worked out for me pretty well. ^^

« Préc.   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 64   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.