Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 395
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 18 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29108930Phil_Liz (Il y a 18 jours) #29108706solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29104436Mixed feelings about ordering here, but right now it's my only choice (that doesn't want me to pay for something that isn't out until 08-2018 already....) on a limited/exclusive figure so I'm gonna take that chance. From what I can gather they are generally reliable but slow?

I picked their "pay later" option but is this like other sites such as AmiAmi where they will request I pay around the time it arrives? Or do they want me to pay it in advance just before some kind of deadline? It's kind of unclear.

They will send you a payment request around 2-3 weeks before the items release. It doesn't matter if there's a delay, you'll still have to pay a few weeks before the initial release date (at least from my experience). You don't have to wait for the payment request though, as soon as you have placed your order you can pay for it any time :)

Thank you for the informative answer! :D I don't mind paying a few weeks in advance at all, I just didn't want to be paying months (almost a whole year) in advance right now.

I mix and match quite a bit with my pre-orders from NY dependent on if some of the items require immediate payment, but I would say most of them I can pay later for and it works well.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 17 jours
Rikudou (Il y a 18 jours) #29110572solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29108930Phil_Liz (Il y a 18 jours) #29108706solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29104436Mixed feelings about ordering here, but right now it's my only choice (that doesn't want me to pay for something that isn't out until 08-2018 already....) on a limited/exclusive figure so I'm gonna take that chance. From what I can gather they are generally reliable but slow?

I picked their "pay later" option but is this like other sites such as AmiAmi where they will request I pay around the time it arrives? Or do they want me to pay it in advance just before some kind of deadline? It's kind of unclear.

They will send you a payment request around 2-3 weeks before the items release. It doesn't matter if there's a delay, you'll still have to pay a few weeks before the initial release date (at least from my experience). You don't have to wait for the payment request though, as soon as you have placed your order you can pay for it any time :)

Thank you for the informative answer! :D I don't mind paying a few weeks in advance at all, I just didn't want to be paying months (almost a whole year) in advance right now.

I mix and match quite a bit with my pre-orders from NY dependent on if some of the items require immediate payment, but I would say most of them I can pay later for and it works well.

Thanks for letting me know! I hope my order goes well and then I'll definitely consider using them again because I do like the flexibility around payment.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 395
Localisation United Ki...

Il y a 17 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 17 jours) #29193462Rikudou (Il y a 18 jours) #29110572solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29108930Phil_Liz (Il y a 18 jours) #29108706solluxcaptor (Il y a 18 jours) #29104436Mixed feelings about ordering here, but right now it's my only choice (that doesn't want me to pay for something that isn't out until 08-2018 already....) on a limited/exclusive figure so I'm gonna take that chance. From what I can gather they are generally reliable but slow?

Thanks for letting me know! I hope my order goes well and then I'll definitely consider using them again because I do like the flexibility around payment.

Indeed it is, I pay my orders occasionally a few weeks in advance just because I want to.

Archeotech
Regular Boarder

Archeotech

En ligne Non
Niveau 17
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 54
Localisation Naas, Ire...

Il y a 17 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 17 jours) #29193462

I should say that while some people here are had no problems buying from NY, a lot of people have had problems and that's where they really get you. Basically they have the worst customer support in the industry and are more than a little dodgy. If you have any trouble they will screw you over rather than help. They tried keeping about €500 of my money once and refused to ship my order or give me refund unless I gave them more money than was agreed. If you open a dispute they will also close your account. If you do decide to use them just be careful and never pay too far in advance and always use PayPal so you're covered by customer protection.

EmeraldGreen
Regular Boarder

EmeraldGreen

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 34

Il y a 16 jours
Archeotech (Il y a 17 jours) #29197403solluxcaptor (Il y a 17 jours) #29193462

I should say that while some people here are had no problems buying from NY, a lot of people have had problems and that's where they really get you. Basically they have the worst customer support in the industry and are more than a little dodgy. If you have any trouble they will screw you over rather than help. They tried keeping about €500 of my money once and refused to ship my order or give me refund unless I gave them more money than was agreed. If you open a dispute they will also close your account. If you do decide to use them just be careful and never pay too far in advance and always use PayPal so you're covered by customer protection.

Absolutely agree. They are a bunch of crooks. Never buy from this store. You can read more reviews on trustpilot.com: [ext link ]

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 16 jours
Yikes, looks like I started some negativity here. I know they have very mixed reviews which is why I'm only making one order and being wary, but it is literally my only reasonable choice for the figure in question.

Obviously it's a mixed bag since a lot of people say good things here too and I've had a friend personally tell me they've had good experiences. I just hope for the best.

grizzen
Regular Boarder

grizzen

En ligne Non
Niveau 12
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 2
Localisation Tulsa

Il y a 16 jours
I've had 16 pre-orders (and two open orders) through them and have had no issues where I've needed to contact customer support, so I have no input on how good the CS is. No figures have arrived damaged or anything and I haven't had an order closed on me like I've read with others. Always be cautious when ordering anywhere, but you also have to remember more people tend to give feedback if they have a bad experience myself included.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 102
Localisation England

Il y a 15 jours
grizzen (Il y a 16 jours) #29227697I've had 16 pre-orders (and two open orders) through them and have had no issues where I've needed to contact customer support, so I have no input on how good the CS is. No figures have arrived damaged or anything and I haven't had an order closed on me like I've read with others. Always be cautious when ordering anywhere, but you also have to remember more people tend to give feedback if they have a bad experience myself included.

Yeah that's what I believe too, people are quicker to be vocal if they have a bad experience than a good one, so you can't really take it as the majority. Thanks for the input on your personal experience, I'm glad they have been good for you and hopefully my first experience will be good too :D Because I really really need that exclusive figure ;-;

pafy6285
Regular Boarder

pafy6285

En ligne Non
Niveau 7
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 2

Il y a 14 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 15 jours) #29249697grizzen (Il y a 16 jours) #29227697I've had 16 pre-orders (and two open orders) through them and have had no issues where I've needed to contact customer support, so I have no input on how good the CS is. No figures have arrived damaged or anything and I haven't had an order closed on me like I've read with others. Always be cautious when ordering anywhere, but you also have to remember more people tend to give feedback if they have a bad experience myself included.

Yeah that's what I believe too, people are quicker to be vocal if they have a bad experience than a good one, so you can't really take it as the majority. Thanks for the input on your personal experience, I'm glad they have been good for you and hopefully my first experience will be good too :D Because I really really need that exclusive figure ;-;

I had 111 shipped orders from N-Y mostly pre-orders and didn't encounter any serious issues. There are a few issues about delay in shipping the order, however, those were resolved properly and with no issues. I usually have a businesslike and polite tone when reporting issues and when telling them my course of action in case the issue is not being addressed in a timely manner. Not sure if I'm lucky, as I heard a number of negative experiences but as for me, will continue using the store as long as I don't encounter any major issues. Also, I notice that they seem to have more issue on 'In Stock' items especially those that are old (were produced a long time ago) as compared to pre-orders or recently released items. In any case, hopefully you'll have a good experience

Shikaree
Regular Boarder

Shikaree

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 89
Localisation United St...

Il y a 12 jours
I only recently started ordering from them. And for three orders they were relatively slow shipping stuff out. They were all pre-orders and each took a little over a week from release to ship. I don't care at all. But it is different from the 1-2 days AmiAmi usually takes.

Personally, for sites as big as NY, I don't put much stock in any complaints about it. It doesn't matter anyways since your purchases are always protected if you use a credit card.

PlatoG
Regular Boarder

PlatoG

En ligne Non
Niveau 8
Inscrit(e) Il y a 11 mois
Message(s) 13
Localisation Singapore

Il y a 11 jours
Hi all, I notice that Nippon Yasan doesn't have a purchase limit on most of their figures.
Does it mean we can buy as many as we want?
MàJ Il y a 11 jours #29446686

RyuKazama
Regular Boarder

RyuKazama

En ligne Non
Niveau 5
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 2

Il y a 2 jours
Anyone having issues paying via credit card on NY lately? All of a sudden none of my pre-orders are taking my card payment, and I prefer it over paypal (conversion fee is Visa direct, so better).

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 94
Localisation UK

Il y a 2 jours
RyuKazama (Il y a 2 jours) #29816649Anyone having issues paying via credit card on NY lately? All of a sudden none of my pre-orders are taking my card payment, and I prefer it over paypal (conversion fee is Visa direct, so better).

Not sure about the card issue, but if you use PayPal with your CC, you can turn the PP currency converter off. I have it turned off as I get the Visa rate on my card as well.

If you're having issues, it might be worth contacting your card issuer to see where the transaction is failing.

RyuKazama
Regular Boarder

RyuKazama

En ligne Non
Niveau 5
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 2

Il y a 2 jours
tharglet (Il y a 2 jours) #29816850RyuKazama (Il y a 2 jours) #29816649Anyone having issues paying via credit card on NY lately? All of a sudden none of my pre-orders are taking my card payment, and I prefer it over paypal (conversion fee is Visa direct, so better).

Not sure about the card issue, but if you use PayPal with your CC, you can turn the PP currency converter off. I have it turned off as I get the Visa rate on my card as well.

If you're having issues, it might be worth contacting your card issuer to see where the transaction is failing.

Amazing, they hide that very well! Thanks!

AkibaMelon
Regular Boarder

AkibaMelon

En ligne Non
Niveau 14
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 92
Localisation Germany

Il y a 2 jours
To Europeans who ordered from NY using SAL or Airmail shipping and requested to undervalue, I'd like to ask:

What is the shipping label like? Is it a complete invoice, possibly even including my undervalue request message or is it just a sticker with my adress and the requested value (as BiJ does)?
I'm freaking out a little since I had a package some time ago (from another shop) that actually included my undervalue request on the invoice and I was afraid that I would get in trouble with custom authorities.
I don't really request to undervalue anymore since I don't want to get in trouble but I made that current order a while ago and paid today not remembering that I made that request <_> I know it sounds stupid, but maybe one of you might let me know. Thanks a lot!

Siona
Very Important Boarder

Siona

En ligne Non
Niveau 51
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 135
Localisation Belgium

Il y a 2 jours
AkibaMelon (Il y a 2 jours) #29823497To Europeans who ordered from NY using SAL or Airmail shipping and requested to undervalue, I'd like to ask:

What is the shipping label like? Is it a complete invoice, possibly even including my undervalue request message or is it just a sticker with my adress and the requested value (as BiJ does)?
I'm freaking out a little since I had a package some time ago (from another shop) that actually included my undervalue request on the invoice and I was afraid that I would get in trouble with custom authorities.
I don't really request to undervalue anymore since I don't want to get in trouble but I made that current order a while ago and paid today not remembering that I made that request <_> I know it sounds stupid, but maybe one of you might let me know. Thanks a lot!

Like BIJ yes, nothing fancy and they don't put anything you could request, also they undervalue even if you don't request it and if I remember correctly if you ask them to put the real value they won't do it ^^', not because they don't want but mostly because they don't care.

AkibaMelon
Regular Boarder

AkibaMelon

En ligne Non
Niveau 14
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 92
Localisation Germany

Il y a 1 jour
Siona (Il y a 2 jours) #29824808Like BIJ yes, nothing fancy and they don't put anything you could request, also they undervalue even if you don't request it and if I remember correctly if you ask them to put the real value they won't do it ^^', not because they don't want but mostly because they don't care.
Thank you dear for your quick reply <3 I'm relieved then and good to know for future purchases :D

« Préc.   1 66 67 68 69 70 71 72   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.