Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286
Localisation The Nethe...

Il y a 7 ans
This guide is outdated, it might not be useful anymore as Crescent-Shop is now Noppin with a different system/look.

Dear fellow Tsukiboarders !

This guide is for general browsing of Yahoo Japan and using Crescent-Shop.com as a Shopping Service!
Please note that there might be things that I haven't wrote down in the guide, but this is from my own experience. Everyone encounters things in a different way, so don't solely rely on this guide. For any help, feel free to ask me or the customer service from the Shopping Service you are using ^^
Comments and feedback are very much welcome ^^

To help you out on your Yahoo Japan journey, please refer to the Yahoo Japan Auctions thread (mfc link) and the Middlemen thread (mfc link) since they are very helpful and give you an idea of how things can work out for you and how things worked out for fellow Tsukiboarders !

Orginally I wrote this for fellow boarder and my friend KCKoopa to help him out with Yahoo Japan and a Shopping Service. I don't know how other Shopping Services systems work, but Crescent-Shop is very easy to use once you get the hang of it! Enjoy the guide ^^*

I'll try to make it as easy as possible so you can browse Yahoo Japan on your own.

Step 1 !

Alright first of all, in order to purchase things off Yahoo Japan you need to register with a Japanese Shopping Service.
I prefer Crescent-Shop linklink myself because they have a good customer service, are polite and helpful when you have questions or concerns. Their fees are reasonable and you can find those in their FAQ. Make sure to read their FAQ :) It's really helpful. And their system is easy to use once you get the hang of it.

There are plenty of other Shopping Services, but I am really pleased with Crescent, so I stick to them. If you'd like to register with another one, that's fine too of course.
So register with Crescent first and then we can go to the next step!

Step 2 !

You might want to browse Crescent-Shop a little after logging in, so you can see what their system is like.

They have a Shopping department and an Auction department.
Auction speaks for itself, that is only for auction websites. Probably not just for Yahoo Japan, they might be able to purchase goods off other Japanese auctions, like Mbok. But I am not entirely sure. Yahoo Japan is good enough though. They have a lot !

The Shopping department is for making purchases off a Japanese webshop. Such as Chara Ani, Animate Shop and other Japanese only webshops that do not ship overseas.
For example you'd like to buy an exclusive figure from a webshop, Crescent-Shop might be able to order a piece for you. The fees are higher than auctions, most likely around 2000yen. So keep in mind that you will always pay more than retail price when it comes to the Shopping department.
Whenever you do shop from them this way, they will send you an invoice and if you think the price is alright for you, you can pay within a couple of weeks. It says the date for when the invoice expires. That can come in handy if you can't pay right away, but do note that items might get sold out by the time you want to pay for the invoice ^^*

On a side note, if there is anything you would like to ask Crescent-Shop regarding the Shopping Department, log in and go to the Message Board (Quote/Questions) page, and ask away !

The Auction department is quite easy really. Log in to Crescent-Shop then we open a page to Yahoo Japan linklink in a new tab or whatever you prefer and the easiest way to browse this is to look up the Japanese titles of the series or item you are looking for. Because majority of us cannot read Japanese, so this is the easiest thing to do. So we open another tab and go to Google.com

At this stage, think of something you are interested in, let's stay Fate Stay Night. So go to your Google tab and type in the following sentence: Fate Stay Night Japanese title. Now you'll see websites that most likely give the title of the series in Japanese characters like this フェイト/ステイナ

You copy paste this Japanese title into the white field of Yahoo Japan and it will give you most likely a lot of results. If it does not give enough results, check if the series is spelled in different ways in Japanese. Or it may use the English alphabet in some cases. I looked up Fate Stay Night on Yahoo Japan and it gives way more results than using the Japanese name, so it depends on each series ^^*

Now it is just a matter of browsing Yahoo Japan by clicking the pages like you do in eBay. Just click the page numbers. Now since the website is in Japanese, I don't know how to change the results to like 200 per page like you can do on eBay >< But the small retangle field at the top right has options like Best Match, Time ending soon, Time newly listed etc. But all in Japanese, so just play around with it :)

Step 3 !

Now let's say you are going to look for that Tohsaka Rin swimsuit figure by Alter. Now you are looking for a particular item, so here comes Tsuki board in action. Go to the page at Tsuki board of the Tohsaka Rin swimsuit figure and copy paste the Japanese name into the white field in Yahoo Japan. (If Tsuki Board does not provide the Japanese name of the character, you can always resort to an English anime website that have series listed including character names in English and Japanese, like animenfo.com)

Alright just browse till you find something interesting. Now comes the part to get the aid of Crescent-Shop. So go to your Crescent-Shop tab (you might have been logged out of it because after some time they log you out for security purposes) and go to Auction Search/Order.

You see that there's already search options on that page for popular shows and things, but we are going to input an auction link in the white field now. I always ignore Type1 and Type2 and always use Type3 which is just linking the Yahoo Japan url so that is what we are going to do now. For example the Rin without box linklink you copy paste this link into the white field of Type3 and press enter or click Search with your cursor.

Now you'll get a new page and on top of it you see 3 things you can do.
Either press on Question, Watch List or Order.

Question - Speaks for itself I guess, if you have a question regarding the auction, you can do it through this button and ask Crescent-Shop a question which they will ask the seller for you.

Watch List - Same as eBay, you put this item in your Watch List so you can keep tracking it if interested in the auction.

Order - This is when you want to bid on the auction. You'll get a field with the max bid amount you'd like to put. It has to be in Yen. Do note that if you are going to bid on an auction, you will have to deposit money to Crescent-Shop first. With just 50 dollars you can bid on auctions up to 25.000yen, so that should be more than enough. In the Auction List (right under Auction Search/Order) you will find your items you bid on and items you are watching. There is an Add Deposit button which you cannot miss. You may deposit money through PayPal, you'll see for yourself when you do this. Really easy and you can withdraw your money after you pay for your auction. They have this deposit so you don't scam them xd Understandable I guess. Everything else will lead you the way and Crescent-Shop always sends an automatic e-mail after they have received your payment. They send an e-mail if your item has arrived and is ready to ship.

Step 4 !

After you have won an auction, it will show Won in the Auction List.
Paying for the item cannot be done right after you won. Crescent-Shop manually updates the system and when you can pay, it will show a box that you have to tick under 'Pay' you cannot miss this, this will give you the total amount with fees and everything you have to pay for. Just click Pay and it will lead you to PayPal. Please note that this does NOT include international shipping.

Step 5 !

So after you have paid for the item, the auction will move to Order Shipment Status. This you will get a page that looks like Auction List, but this page is for the final shipping which is international shipping to your home :)
If your item has arrived, it will give the little box again that you have to tick under Pay and pay the same way as you did before, it will link you to PayPal. But do note that here it will allow you (before paying) to ask them questions regarding payment methods, so this is before you are getting the final quote. In the white field you may want to ask the following question to Crescent-Shop: Could you provide me all possible shipping methods with their prices, so I can choose which one I'd like?

You can ask the question in your own way of course, but that's how I do it. Because if you do not write anything in the box, they automatically quote EMS for you. So a good option is to ask beforehand what they can offer you and it can save you shipping costs :)

When you have paid for the final quote, you will get an e-mail when your items have been shipped out. Easy as that !

On a side note, if there is anything you would like to ask Crescent-Shop regarding the Auction Department, log in and go to the Auctions Q&A page, and ask away !

I hope this guide, which got quite long.. @_@ is understandable for you and if there is anything you'd like to know, do not hesitate and ask me ^^

~ Kzuki

---
Special links to help you on your Yahoo Auction Japan adventure!

Rikaichan FireFox add-on: [ext link ]
- Japanese translator for browsing Japanese websites etc.
Submitted by kumasanmk

Shopping Mall Japan/Yahoo Auction Japan Tutorial by funkicarus: [ext link ]
- A guide that explains how to use Yahoo Auction Japan with the help of Shopping Service: Shopping Mall Japan.
Submitted by timelord_science

Popular series search at Yahoo Japan: [ext link ]
- List of popular series and figures that are currently hot.

Anime figure and toy section at Yahoo Japan to make browsing easier for you: [ext link ]
- Page that shows popular series and current biddings.
MàJ Il y a 7 ans #120321

mangasus90
Regular Boarder + Ghost

mangasus90

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 824
Localisation Viet Nam-...

Il y a 7 ans
wow. Thz for your hard work ^__^, Kzuki! Very good explanation and helpful guide!

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

En ligne Non
Niveau 19
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 398
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 7 ans
Claps hands very nice work Kzuki its an amazing guide and im sure it will help a lot of people understand how easy it can be to buy from yahoo japan :)

Vambee-Lacuer
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Vambee-Lacuer

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 190
Localisation United St...

Il y a 7 ans
Great guide! This would be the next step in figure buying for me so this is a very interesting read. It seems like a really cool service.
http://a.imageshack.us/img715/3339/splitboxesbanner01.jpg
It would be most beneficial to us if we distributed the contents of these parcels

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
Thank you all :)

I am glad it is useful to others too.

Now it might be easier to go on a Yahoo Japan adventure :)

psich
Regular Boarder + Ghost

psich

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 276
Localisation New York

Il y a 7 ans
Great guide Kzuki!
I'm currently using SMJ, but it looks like the system for Crescent Shop is very similar (or even better) as compared to SMJ's. Might just switch over once my items clear from them.

One suggestion though:
Not that the Figure shop and site review board gets a lot of activity to push this to page 2, but would it be a good idea to have this stickied? Then others can know and experience the joy of YJA. =3
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/yuukasig.jpg. . . . . . . . . . .http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/chronos184/MFC/overdrive2.gif

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
psichGreat guide Kzuki!
I'm currently using SMJ, but it looks like the system for Crescent Shop is very similar (or even better) as compared to SMJ's. Might just switch over once my items clear from them.

One suggestion though:
Not that the Figure shop and site review board gets a lot of activity to push this to page 2, but would it be a good idea to have this stickied? Then others can know and experience the joy of YJA. =3

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words :)

I have been wanting to try out other Shopping Services, but I am totally fine with Crescent atm.
I did try to order something through Celga before, did not like their system :/ and the website I asked them to order the item from kept restocking the item I wanted. But Celga kept missing the restocks -_- So I decided to cancel with them.

Also tried to order through JAA. They seemed fine and everything, but couldn't really assist me in the item I wanted to purchase, so I thought never mind ;_; ..

I think each Shopping Service has their own fees and such. Crescent-Shop's fees might be a little higher than others, but I prefer good customer service and I always let them know if I have received the packages that they sent me ^^

Haha it would be an honor to me if this thread got stickied xd !

kumasanmk

Producer

kumasanmk

En ligne Non
Niveau 36
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1743
Localisation France

Il y a 7 ans
That's a great guide and I'm sure it will be useful for a bunch of people.

Concerning the part about browsing Yahoo Japan Auctions, I think you may already know this but, have you tried Rikaichan addon for Firefox. It makes it really easy to browse Japanese websites as it can translate on the fly from Japanese to English (and other languages). It even translate texts from drop-down boxes and stuff. It's very useful! There is no need to go through more page loading, you just point out a Japanese word and Rikaichan pops up a tooltip with translations.

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
Thank you Kumasanmk :) and for making the thread sticky ^^

That is an extremely helpful link! No idea there was such a thing xd
This could help anyone when it comes to browsing Japanese sites, thanks for posting this Kumasanmk!

Vambee-Lacuer
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Vambee-Lacuer

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 190

Il y a 7 ans
KzukiThank you Kumasanmk :) and for making the thread sticky ^^

That is an extremely helpful link! No idea there was such a thing xd
This could help anyone when it comes to browsing Japanese sites, thanks for posting this Kumasanmk!

Yes it seems great! I'll have to check it out when I get home but it looks like I will be using it a lot. Love firefox :)
http://a.imageshack.us/img715/3339/splitboxesbanner01.jpg
It would be most beneficial to us if we distributed the contents of these parcels

kumasanmk

Producer

kumasanmk

En ligne Non
Niveau 36
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 ans
Message(s) 1743
Localisation France

Il y a 7 ans
Kzuki...and for making the thread sticky ^^You're welcome but I didn't do it. I guess your thanks should go to mememo ^^;

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
kumasanmkKzuki...and for making the thread sticky ^^You're welcome but I didn't do it. I guess your thanks should go to mememo ^^;

Ah my bad lol >< I'll be sure to thank mememo :3

KCKoopa
完成した模型愛好家
Very Important Boarder

KCKoopa

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 272

Il y a 7 ans
Its good to see this guide has been made public!
My most humble thanks once again Kzuki for making this guide for me way back when :3

Give it time and we'll probably be having bid wars against one another xP
I would not be too surprised if something like that does happen IMO

PM me your code if interested :)

3DS Friend Code # 4184-2769-6750
MàJ Il y a 7 ans #121761

timelord_science
Regular Boarder

timelord_science

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 895

Il y a 7 ans
A good SMJ/YJA tutorial: [ext link ]

edit;

also, FATE/STAY is usually in english when going manually - you don't have to type zee moonspeak.

Popular series: [ext link ]

anime figure/toy area: [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 7 ans #121766

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
KCKoopaIts good to see this guide has been made public!
My most humble thanks once again Kzuki for making this guide for me way back when :3

Give it time and we'll probably be having bid wars against one another xP
I would not be too surprised if something like that does happen IMO

You're very much welcome :3

I don't want a bid wars lol! But I can see it happen yeah :)
But from what I thought I read on Crescent, they will only allow 1 person to bid on a particular auction.
So let's say you and I are both interested in auction A, then it will be whoever is fastest that bids on the auction, that person gets the chance to win the auction.
If you do want to bid on the same auction, you'd have to outbid me with a different Shopping Service.

timelord_scienceA good SMJ/YJA tutorial: [ext link ]

edit;

also, FATE/STAY is usually in english when going manually - you don't have to type zee moonspeak.

Popular series: [ext link ]

anime figure/toy area: [ext link ]

Thank you for your input! I appreciate it :)

I do not know much about Fate Stay Night, but I did notice that some titles remain the same yeah and do not have to be in Japanese. Good thing to know ^^

I included a Special links section at the end of the guide that includes the links you and kumasanmk submitted. Many thanks !

kayuath
Regular Boarder

kayuath

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 37

Il y a 7 ans
I have a question regarding to Crescent-Shop... if I was to order items from 5 different sellers in Yahoo Japan Auction and total cost of those items combined is.. let say 3000yen. since 3000yen is under 10,000yen, i will have to pay 2000yen as service fee if I use Crescent-Shop service??? or lower fee???

i mean what if someone bought something that worth 500yen... the service fee is still 2000yen??

i hope this is the right place to ask..

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
kayuathI have a question regarding to Crescent-Shop... if I was to order items from 5 different sellers in Yahoo Japan Auction and total cost of those items combined is.. let say 3000yen. since 3000yen is under 10,000yen, i will have to pay 2000yen as service fee if I use Crescent-Shop service??? or lower fee???

i mean what if someone bought something that worth 500yen... the service fee is still 2000yen??

I replied to your PM. Hope it helps you out :)

timelord_science
Regular Boarder

timelord_science

En ligne Non
Niveau 22
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 895

Il y a 7 ans
kayuathI have a question regarding to Crescent-Shop... if I was to order items from 5 different sellers in Yahoo Japan Auction and total cost of those items combined is.. let say 3000yen. since 3000yen is under 10,000yen, i will have to pay 2000yen as service fee if I use Crescent-Shop service??? or lower fee???

Reiterating what Kzuki probably told you - each thing you buy is subject to a service fee (it's not after everything is tallied up).

If you get things from the same buyer - you only have to pay one wire fee, however, you're still paying a service fee on both items.

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

En ligne Non
Niveau 20
Inscrit(e) Il y a 8 ans
Message(s) 286

Il y a 7 ans
Yeah I tried to explain in the PM, thanks timelord_science :3

Was gonna post it here as well :)

kayuath
Regular Boarder

kayuath

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 7 ans
Message(s) 37

Il y a 7 ans
thanks Kzuki and timelord_science, looks like these fees are more extreme than i thought T_T

no matter, i'm planning to give this a try despite the unsightly fees. but thanks for the quick answers guys!
MàJ Il y a 7 ans #156056

« Préc.   1 2   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.