Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

SolarisJapan
Very Important Boarder + Partner

SolarisJapan

En ligne Non
Niveau 35
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 33
Localisation Tokyo, Ja...

Il y a 3 mois
sulukung (Il y a 3 mois) #24964216Vodkanroll (Il y a 3 mois) #24884395sulukung (Il y a 3 mois) #24882769So I adjust the desirable tax value before check out, once check out I saw original invoice & friendly invoice. Do I need to request SolarisJapan to use the friendly invoice on custom declaration or they will automatically use it?

Thanks.

Automatically they'll do it.

Oh that is nice, how reliable do you think they are in term of listening & fulfilling customer request? I have a pre-order with them and I request them to not mark the parcel as gift. Do you think it is necessary to remind them again when it is nearing the shipping date?

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your order. :)

All orders are marked as gifts automatically, so there is nothing to worry about.
If you have any other queastions or requests, please always make sure to let us know via email or Facebook and we will ussually get back to you within 24 hours (Mo - Fr).

You can also find more information on the order process in our first time visitor guide: [ext link ]
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25007968

Shikaree
Regular Boarder

Shikaree

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 6 ans
Message(s) 89
Localisation United St...

Il y a 3 mois
SolarisJapan (Il y a 3 mois) #25007968Thank you very much for your order. :)

All orders are marked as gifts automatically, so there is nothing to worry about.
If you have any other queastions or requests, please always make sure to let us know via email or Facebook and we will ussually get back to you within 24 hours (Mo - Fr).

You can also find more information on the order process in our first time visitor guide: [ext link ]

Hope the person who packages the shipments is not the same person who reads the forums. xP

sulukung
Regular Boarder

sulukung

En ligne Non
Niveau 12
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 6
Localisation Some wher...

Il y a 3 mois
Shikaree (Il y a 3 mois) #25025337SolarisJapan (Il y a 3 mois) #25007968Thank you very much for your order. :)

Hope the person who packages the shipments is not the same person who reads the forums. xP

Yea, this is not a good sign :(

sulukung
Regular Boarder

sulukung

En ligne Non
Niveau 12
Inscrit(e) Il y a 5 ans
Message(s) 6
Localisation Some wher...

Il y a 3 mois
SolarisJapan (Il y a 3 mois) #25007968sulukung (Il y a 3 mois) #24964216Vodkanroll (Il y a 3 mois) #24884395sulukung (Il y a 3 mois) #24882769So I adjust the desirable tax value before check out, once check out I saw original invoice & friendly invoice. Do I need to request SolarisJapan to use the friendly invoice on custom declaration or they will automatically use it?

Thanks.

Automatically they'll do it.

Oh that is nice, how reliable do you think they are in term of listening & fulfilling customer request? I have a pre-order with them and I request them to not mark the parcel as gift. Do you think it is necessary to remind them again when it is nearing the shipping date?

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your order. :)

You need to read carefully, I do NOT want it to be marked as gift. I have leave this message in the comment box during my pre-order. Guess I will send another request when nearing the release date.

SolarisJapan

SolarisJapan

En ligne Non
Niveau 35
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 33

Il y a 3 mois
Terribly sorry for misreading that. :(
This is probably the first time in over eight years we have received this request.

Regardless of what your order note says, we will always try our best to fulfill your request.
If there is an issue, we will contact you directly via email.
MàJ Il y a 3 mois #25069762

Sparxxors
Regular Boarder

Sparxxors

En ligne Non
Niveau 6
Inscrit(e) Il y a 4 mois
Message(s) 16
Localisation San Diego...

Il y a 3 mois
SolarisJapan (Il y a 3 mois) #25069762Terribly sorry for misreading that. :(
This is probably the first time in over eight years we have received this request.

Regardless of what your order note says, we will always try our best to fulfill your request.
If there is an issue, we will contact you directly via email.

In the US at least, packages marked as gifts and over $100 are supposed to have paperwork done by customs agents once they get the package. So it saves time if they bother to follow procedure, and there are no fees if a package is under $2000 for this kinda stuff.

Reiichiru
Regular Boarder

Reiichiru

En ligne Non
Niveau 7
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 35
Localisation Ireland

Il y a 1 mois
Hi guys. Mini review for their service today.

Having a pretty bad experience with them at the moment. They're quite expensive, so I usually expect that when they say they have something it's true -and you pay a premium for it. So I reccomended them to my friend.
He ordered an item, and paid for the item and shipping 2 weeks ago, but they're still saying 'we'll have it soon, sorry it's out of stock'.

Compared to the service offered with the Japanese retailers where they only ask for the payment when the item is ready to go into the box, this feels so unprofessional!

Their FAQ really gives the impression that when you pay -you get it.
View spoilerHide spoiler[quote]

Items with an active order button are available and will usually ship within 72 hours.

Since our automated pricing system updates continuously based on Japanese market prices, sometimes price fluctuations occur. Compensation for price drops, unfortunately cannot be offered.

Shipping fees displayed for some products are based on weight information provided by manufacturers, which in some cases, can be incorrect. If this happens, you will be contacted in regards to the difference in shipping fees.

In rare cases, items can be displayed as available, while they are in fact sold out. If this happens, you will be contacted directly.

I'd rather they just offered a full refund until the actually have the item, and then alerted you about it later. This has been my first experience with them (and his with figure stores in general), and so far I'm not impressed. While stock outages happen, being out-of-pocket in the meantime if very frustrating.
Hoping there's no further issues with shipping cost or the quality of the item.

Feint
Regular Boarder

Feint

En ligne Non
Niveau 3
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 2

Il y a 1 mois
Feint (Il y a 4 mois) #24435749So far I've ordered twice from solaris japan.
The first time the order was shipped out the day after. // P.S. I really like the order overview page, nice and clean!

The second time around I had ordered some birthday gifts alongside my items so I opted for the express shipping method in order for it to arrive in time.
Unfortunately due to an implication the order was delayed, in total the shipout took roughly a week.
The reason behind this was a paint defect on a figure, so they ordered a replacement. Props to them for doing that. Still a tad bit disappointed though because the order won't be arriving in time and I spent around $80 for for the faster shipping method. It would have been good knowing from the start that this happened as I just found out the reason for the delay yesterday. (Order was shipped today).

I'd recommend this site especially if you're after an older figure and don't mind if its preowned.

Little follow up to my previous feedback.

I've ordered 4 times from Solaris so far.
First time around was fine, second time a shipping delay of a week occured, but there was an understandable reason behind it.

The third around the order once again took 7 days to shipout and the fourth time the order took 11 days to ship out. They were both In-Stock items.
I requested pictures for both of the pre-owned items, I can imagine this adding a bit of potential delay, but 11 days is a bit over what I'm comfortable with.

Maybe I simply got unlucky.
If you do order from them, take the estimated shipout time with a grain of salt.

SolarisJapan

SolarisJapan

En ligne Non
Niveau 35
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 33

Il y a 1 mois
Hi guys,

We apologize for the shipping delays with both your orders. :(
A recent change in our logistics has been affecting shipping times of some orders, but it is just a temporary issue.
The vast majority still takes around three working days to ship out.
Please note that picture requests can add some delay.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, but appreciate your feedback. At Solaris Japan we regularly assess approaches and workflows in order to improve your shopping experience. Therefore any input helps. :)

josefolsh
Regular Boarder

josefolsh

En ligne Non
Niveau 4
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 1
Localisation Israel

Il y a 1 mois
My little review:

Hello. It's my first time writing a blog here but I feel like I've to share my experience with them.

I ordered this figure item #118010 on the 25th of last month. It said that it takes up to 3 days to ship it, I thought to myself it's okay but oh boy was I naive. Each week they came up with a new excuse and each time I said okay and kept on waiting. First it was something about shipping error and then it was something about back order that they had to do because something was wrong with the figure. To be honest, I never expected this to happen but I guess that's what you get for trying to get an old figure.

Anyways, fast forward 3 weeks (11\10) they finally shipped it (I just hope it arrives, knowing them they probably messed up again..)

If you are up for some pain in the ass ride and wish to order from them, go ahead but from my experience it's a huge mistake to do so.

Truth be told, I thought they would compensate me for all this mess they put me through but they acted like nothing happened and it pisses me off.

*Copied from my blog I created

SolarisJapan

SolarisJapan

En ligne Non
Niveau 35
Inscrit(e) Il y a 3 ans
Message(s) 33

Il y a 25 jours
josefolsh (Il y a 1 mois) #28418692My little review:

Hello. It's my first time writing a blog here but I feel like I've to share my experience with them.

I ordered this figure item #118010 on the 25th of last month. It said that it takes up to 3 days to ship it, I thought to myself it's okay but oh boy was I naive. Each week they came up with a new excuse and each time I said okay and kept on waiting. First it was something about shipping error and then it was something about back order that they had to do because something was wrong with the figure. To be honest, I never expected this to happen but I guess that's what you get for trying to get an old figure.

Anyways, fast forward 3 weeks (11\10) they finally shipped it (I just hope it arrives, knowing them they probably messed up again..)

If you are up for some pain in the ass ride and wish to order from them, go ahead but from my experience it's a huge mistake to do so.

Truth be told, I thought they would compensate me for all this mess they put me through but they acted like nothing happened and it pisses me off.

*Copied from my blog I created

Hi Josef,

Again, we are very sorry about the poor experience you had with your first order. Your frustration is very understandable and this is honestly not how orders with us usually go. :(

I saw that our support staff was able to work out a solution with you over the past days and we sincerely hope that you will give us another shot in the future. :)
MàJ Il y a 25 jours #28676198

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 99
Localisation England

Il y a 7 jours
How common is it for Solaris' "saver" shipping option to take over a month to arrive? It's been over a month now and I don't think I've ever waited that long for a package from Japan before so I'm worried, I regularly go with the cheapest shipping option on Japanese sites. I'm just checking the shipping every day and getting more and more nervous... I know it says 28-56 days on the site but it would just comfort me to hear someone else had a similar wait time. Usually being given big estimates like that tends to be insurance incase it's late in my past experiences so I'm not used to it.

(Additional info: Regular shipping wasn't available on the item I ordered, for some reason? So my only choice was saver or express)
MàJ Il y a 7 jours #29389656

Vodkanroll
Regular Boarder

Vodkanroll

En ligne Non
Niveau 9
Inscrit(e) Il y a 1 an
Message(s) 26
Localisation Spain

Il y a 7 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 7 jours) #29389656How common is it for Solaris' "saver" shipping option to take over a month to arrive? It's been over a month now and I don't think I've ever waited that long for a package from Japan before so I'm worried, I regularly go with the cheapest shipping option on Japanese sites. I'm just checking the shipping every day and getting more and more nervous... I know it says 28-56 days on the site but it would just comfort me to hear someone else had a similar wait time. Usually being given big estimates like that tends to be insurance incase it's late in my past experiences so I'm not used to it.

(Additional info: Regular shipping wasn't available on the item I ordered, for some reason? So my only choice was saver or express)

Once I chose saver as shipping option and took almost 2 mounths to arrive to Spain. At least my packet didn’t pay taxes because it came through sea mail. If this is your case, wait a while before contact Solaris.

Regards

tharglet
Regular Boarder

tharglet

En ligne Non
Niveau 10
Inscrit(e) Il y a 9 mois
Message(s) 93
Localisation UK

Il y a 7 jours
solluxcaptor (Il y a 7 jours) #29389656How common is it for Solaris' "saver" shipping option to take over a month to arrive?

Perfectly normal for sea (surface) shipping. Takes 2-3 months to Europe. Most retailers don't offer surface, probably due to its slowness. When I did a sea order, they did email to warn it was going to take a long while.

If you want to avoid it in future, the icon is of the ship, and it's for anything that's too big/weighty for SAL small packet.

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

En ligne Non
Niveau 18
Inscrit(e) Il y a 2 ans
Message(s) 99
Localisation England

Il y a 3 jours
Thanks for the help guys! I'm relieved to know it's normal but annoyed at myself for picking this type of shipping :( Usually the slowest form of shipping is no problem to me so I didn't think much of it, I won't be using sea mail again though. I really hope item #450031 comes home for Christmas, I'm holding out for him since he was meant to be a Christmas present for myself... :( I ordered him over 2 months in advance for Christmas and within the time frame estimate they gave me so hopefully he won't take longer.

« Préc.   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Suiv. »

Haut ↑

Rejoignez le club pour prendre part à la discussion.